Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wonderful car detail experience at All American Paint Correction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After buying my car, I did much research to find someone who could detail my car and then apply Paint Protection Film and I wanted to share what a great experience I had with All American Paint Protection. Brett and Tiffany treated me as if I were visiting their home and coulnd't have been nicer. While they worked on my car, I wanted to find a desk so I can setup my laptop and get some work done and they set me up to work at a desk in their own office :)

They are located in Rockville, MD very close to DC and took such exceptional care of me and my car when I visited their facilities. I am quite OCD about details and they seem to understand the importance of attention to detail and making sure things are flawless when they work on a car.

Here's a photo of their super clean and well-equipped facilities. The day I visited, there were several Teslas already being detailed and prepped for XPel application so it's great to know that they are knowledgeable about how to work with Teslas.

I had my car detailed but will be contacting them shortly to have XPel PPF installed on the car. If you are looking for a place to have your baby detailed or wrapped, I highly recommend that you talk to them.

https://www.aapaintprotection.com/
1029 E. Gude Drive, Suite 103
Rockville, MD 20850
[email protected]
Tel: 301.704.9348

20190412_164226.jpg

• Love
Reactions: PhilDavid
How long would they need to keep the car for XPel? is there a required curing time after it is applied?

Great to know they have so much experience working on Teslas! I'm going to be down in that area for a project for several days and I'll speak to them about having paint protection film on my car. Is Xpel the best paint protection film?

How long would they need to keep the car for XPel? is there a required curing time after it is applied?

Great to know they have so much experience working on Teslas! I'm going to be down in that area for a project for several days and I'll speak to them about having paint protection film on my car. Is Xpel the best paint protection film?

From the research I've done, it seems XPel is the way to go.

The length of time would depend on how much of the car you are getting wrapped. I'll post more details later after I discuss options.

From the research I've done, it seems XPel is the way to go.

The length of time would depend on how much of the car you are getting wrapped. I'll post more details later after I discuss options.

As you know, they did my car as well. And did an excellent job. My advice, do as much of the car as you can afford. I didnt do passenger doors and am regretting it. Noticed a couple of small scratches on the rear passenger door the other day, when I washed the car. Next time I will have the wholecar done.

As you know, they did my car as well. And did an excellent job. My advice, do as much of the car as you can afford. I didnt do passenger doors and am regretting it. Noticed a couple of small scratches on the rear passenger door the other day, when I washed the car. Next time I will have the wholecar done.

That's good to know. I'm considering taking my car there on yours and the OP's recommendation.

Do you mind please sharing what parts of the car you had wrapped and how much it cost?

I had mine done there as well. Great people. I got the Tesla ppf package, ceramic, and tint. Very happy with result. Tesla package is full front (hood, bumper, quarter panels, mirrors, side skirt, back bumper). Ceramic was applied to all glass surface as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: PhilDavid
I had mine done there as well. Great people. I got the Tesla ppf package, ceramic, and tint. Very happy with result. Tesla package is full front (hood, bumper, quarter panels, mirrors, side skirt, back bumper). Ceramic was applied to all glass surface as well.

Good to know they are reputable!

Do you mind sharing how much it cost to do the Tesla Package PPF plus ceramic coating? Did they include fixing up the paint/correction in the PPF install cost or did you pay separately for the paint prep?

I've contacted a few PPF installers in the DC area and some are including paint prep/correction in the PPF install cost and others are charging extra for that.