Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Won't Automatically Go After Stop Sign

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Radlaw

Charles
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2018
San Diego California
Prior to the latest update, when in autopilot is on while driving on the street, if it automatically stop at stop signs, it would automatically go when clear to go. Now after update, it doesn't. A message appears to press accelerator or gear shift to proceed. Is that a result of the latest update for safety purposes.

There seems to be a major nomenclature issue here on TMC.
Many people use the terms Autopilot, TACC, EAP, NoA, FSD and FSDb when describing their experiences and situations interchangeably whether they're aware of it or not. I wish people would use the correct term for their assist modes. None of the modes I listed stop at stop signs except for FSDb aka FSD beta. (see my correction below)*

* Correction: FSD will stop at stop signs and red lights, but won't autosteer.

Last edited:
There seems to be a major nomenclature issue here on TMC.
Many people use the terms Autopilot, TACC, EAP, NoA, FSD and FSDb when describing their experiences and situations interchangeably whether they're aware of it or not. I wish people would use the correct term for their assist modes. None of the modes I listed stop at stop signs except for FSDb aka FSD beta.
Actually this is incorrect. AP/NoA with EAP or FSD Capability package will stop at Stop Signs and Red Lights. They just won't go without confirmation or a lead car.

My apologies...FSD (not FSD Beta) will stop at stop signs and red lights but it won't autosteer on city streets.
However, AP/NoA with EAP is not usable on city streets, so I don't understand when you say they will stop.
The only thing I know that works on city streets on an EAP-equipped car is TACC, but that will not stop at stop signs and red lights, but will stop if there is a lead car stopped in front of it and resume driving when the lead car continues.

Which FSD Beta build do you have? My car will eventually proceed after stopping for a stop sign, but it might take a long time unless I nudge the go pedal.

Are you using navigation when the problem occurs? If not, you’re not actually using FSD Beta.

Which FSD Beta build do you have? My car will eventually proceed after stopping for a stop sign, but it might take a long time unless I nudge the go pedal.

Are you using navigation when the problem occurs? If not, you’re not actually using FSD Beta.
I have the latest update: FSD Beta 10.69.25.1 (2022.44.30.5 244eeba10260). I am using autopilot. I tried both with and without navigation on. Same result.