Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Won't Supercharge 2015 Model S 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I have a 2015 model S 70D. Lately I've been having issues where I can't supercharge. I'm just curious if anybody experienced this. What happens is I plug it in it flashes blue then goes to red and I get these two codes CHG_W063 and CHG_W062. Level 1 and Level 2 charges without issues. Tesla is trying to charge me around $3800 for a master charger and a HV junction box.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hey Radiohead7778, did you ever get answers? I have the 2015 85D and got the same issue over Christmas while traveling and it was a nightmare. Got quoted $2700 to replace the master charging unit. If you have any follow up info it would be greatly appreciated.

I have been dealing with these chg_w062 and chg_w063 for about a year now with my 2017 MX.

From what I can tell it is definitely temperature related most of the time it’s 40F or below and I drive the 4 miles to the SC I will get this error. I have not tried a 15 minute precondition yet.

My work around is to stop at the nearest destination charger for 15-20 minutes then go to the SC.

The error discussed reference possible welded high voltage contacters.

I have the dual chargers 78A max chargers.

Charging module replacement may be the remedy??

Hey Radiohead7778, did you ever get answers? I have the 2015 85D and got the same issue over Christmas while traveling and it was a nightmare. Got quoted $2700 to replace the master charging unit. If you have any follow up info it would be greatly appreciated.
Same here. Can't supercharge. Happen during Christmas day. I've replaced the high voltage juntion box and still same error code of disconnect and try again. Only ac charge for now

I have been dealing with these chg_w062 and chg_w063 for about a year now with my 2017 MX.

From what I can tell it is definitely temperature related most of the time it’s 40F or below and I drive the 4 miles to the SC I will get this error. I have not tried a 15 minute precondition yet.

My work around is to stop at the nearest destination charger for 15-20 minutes then go to the SC.

The error discussed reference possible welded high voltage contacters.

I have the dual chargers 78A max chargers.

Charging module replacement may be the remedy??
Well service center checked everything out and says it must be the super charger. I had only visited one (before today). I find it unusual that no other vehicles at the super charger were affected. But when they we tried it in our and on a cold morning and it worked I’m not going to argue.

So it could the be the super charger. Cold weather is about over so I’m not going to worry until it happens again at another charger.