Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Woodburn, OR Supercharger location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of rumors have floated around about where the Superchargers will be installed south of Portland. Most have listed the Woodburn outlet mall. I reached out to the management company at the mall and received the following response:

Thank you for your email. At this time, there are no plans for Tesla chargers here at Woodburn Premium Outlets. We do have 2 EV chargers located behind The North Face, and are looking into the feasibility of Tesla chargers.

I responded to her with the Tesla link to suggest a location and mentioned to her that Tesla owners love spending money while their cars are charging.

Could the location south of Portland NOT be Woodburn?

I'd be surprised if it WAS Woodburn. It seems too close to Portland. 60- 90 miles south of Portland would put it 150-180 miles south of Centralia. I'd bet somewhere between Salem and the Corvallis exit.

Back on 5/24/2013, Odenator posted the following in the Centralia thread: (bold added by me)

I did some calling today to the utilities and sub-contractors and found some new info regarding the the NW superchargers.
The Centralia supercharger project was originally scheduled to start this Tuesday (5/28), however this has been delayed due to issues of coordination between Tesla and the local electric utility. The Burlington superchargers were to be installed after the Centralia chargers were installed but due to the delay, will likely start before then. The installation timetable is about one month from start to finish. However, I do not know how the Skagit river bridge collapse will affect the Burlington installation, but I was told that they are confident that both projects should be finished by the end of July. No other superchargers were on the to do list in Washington. I do not know if Ellensberg is being considered at this time. However, good news for Oregon drivers: Woodburn was on the to do list for the sub-contractor. But no concrete timetables were given for the start and completion of the Woodburn superchargers.

Selfish wish: I sure hope so - a perfect spot for me to travel south.