Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wooden center console - No Longer Available

raincityjerry

Oct 20, 2014
Seattle
Wooden center console

Hand made wooden center console with 2 compartments and 2 upholders.

List Date: 2/19/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Wooden center console
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

HjwwxsbGxSRt.jpg
saRFeKCcTHjB.jpg

Mobile friendly version: Wooden center console

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Last edited:

Supercharged

Banned
Jan 12, 2015
Toronto
Looks nice but I'm afraid the seller got caught up in the Tesla console hype as far as pricing goes.
The consoles, whether from Tesla or others, should be priced no more than $150.00 . IMHO.

mnx

2013 P85
May 6, 2009
Ancaster, Canada
Looks nice but I'm afraid the seller got caught up in the Tesla console hype as far as pricing goes.
The consoles, whether from Tesla or others, should be priced no more than $150.00 . IMHO.

The price is well justified if the bloke selling it spent dozens of hours crafting it by hand. Not everything is made in China and/or mass produced. IMHO.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Nov 28, 2006
SF Bay Area
Any more photos with details on the craftsmanship? Which types of wood did you use? Looks like a fine piece of work. :)

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
I too think this looks great, but the one thing I do wonder about is safety in the event of an accident. Wood can be problematic in that it can break into shards unless it's reinforced somehow.

cgiGuy

Jul 9, 2013
Everywhere, Nowhere
It looks like wonderful craftsmanship... but it clashes with nearly everything around it (with that interior color combo, at least). I would love to have something in a dark espresso or something that matches the obeche wood.

raincityjerry

Oct 20, 2014
Seattle
A word of explanation: The new photo above shows all of the center consoles that I have made -- all for my own Tesla S. I have chosen the one on the far right to keep and the others can go to those of you who would like a touch of class in your Model S. Although I only made these to amuse myself and am not interested starting a business again, I might consider a few special requests for woods and colors.

Ruby&Red

Aug 6, 2015
USA
Nice work Jerry - any chance you might be willing to post the wood cut pattern you used to make these? I imagine several members of this forum might be interested in developing their own version of this center console using other materials.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC