TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wooden center console - No Longer Available

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by raincityjerry, Feb 18, 2015.

1. raincityjerry

raincityjerry Member

#1 raincityjerry, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. Supercharged

Supercharged Banned

Looks nice but I'm afraid the seller got caught up in the Tesla console hype as far as pricing goes.
    The consoles, whether from Tesla or others, should be priced no more than $150.00 . IMHO.

3. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

The price is well justified if the bloke selling it spent dozens of hours crafting it by hand. Not everything is made in China and/or mass produced. IMHO.

4. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

What on earth is up with the 77 cents???????

5. raincityjerry

raincityjerry Member

The result of an automated system; TMC gets a %, thereby producing an odd number.
    By the way, thanks to minx for comment; spot on!

6. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Any more photos with details on the craftsmanship? Which types of wood did you use? Looks like a fine piece of work. :)

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I too think this looks great, but the one thing I do wonder about is safety in the event of an accident. Wood can be problematic in that it can break into shards unless it's reinforced somehow.

8. raincityjerry

raincityjerry Member

You're pullin' my leg, right? Very funny.

9. raincityjerry

raincityjerry Member

The woods are: sides and cupholder=spalted alder; lid=walnut, lacewood, ebony, padauk, sycamore.

10. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

It looks like wonderful craftsmanship... but it clashes with nearly everything around it (with that interior color combo, at least). I would love to have something in a dark espresso or something that matches the obeche wood.

11. raincityjerry

raincityjerry Member

A word of explanation: The new photo above shows all of the center consoles that I have made -- all for my own Tesla S. I have chosen the one on the far right to keep and the others can go to those of you who would like a touch of class in your Model S. Although I only made these to amuse myself and am not interested starting a business again, I might consider a few special requests for woods and colors.

12. Ruby&Red

Ruby&Red Member

Nice work Jerry - any chance you might be willing to post the wood cut pattern you used to make these? I imagine several members of this forum might be interested in developing their own version of this center console using other materials.

13. raincityjerry

raincityjerry Member

There are no patterns. It's all in my head. You'd have to take one apart to copy the pieces.