TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Woolsey on Tesla, VCs and national security

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by vfx, Oct 15, 2008.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

2. bobw

bobw Tesla Reader

That's a great story about the stop-light drag vs the 'vette in the prototype.

I think if Tesla can focus on getting Roadsters out the door for less than the cost of building them, they can weather this storm.

When people who can afford the Roadster drive it, they'll buy it. Hell, many buy it after riding in the passenger seat!

3. bobw

bobw Tesla Reader

#3 bobw, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
    I found the incident charming, not the acceleration.

I'm sure I'd find the acceleration charming if I drove it, but that's not likely to happen.

Isn't one of the special virtues of the car that even a mediocre driver (like myself) can get the performance, reliably?

4. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

I would like to reference the dragrace that Ferdinand Motors in Norway did at a track event they had. Notice that for the very expensive Porsche you need to warm up the tires for it to have chance against the Roadster. [You can find the thread in the Video section of this forum] So for a 0-62mph test you need a good driver to beat the Tesla, for a quarter mile it's less of a given. Also keep in mind many countries have pretty steep fee in gasoline cars so in some European countries the Roadster is competing with 2L Audi TT almost if you are comparing likepriced cars....

Cobos

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

William the 3rd, Do you have the link to where Tesla gives this number?

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

http://votevets.org/news?id=0325