Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Woot! 1st Referral...Now What?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update. I was told by customer service in mid-September that my HPWC from March referral was about to be shipped out. Since it didn't show up, I pinged them again and the latest status update is "we are waiting on re-stock and will ship out mid-November. Thank you for your patience." :(

Does anyone know whether the award goes by the date ordered or the date delivered? I gave out a referral and when it was ordered I thought I was eligible to get a HPWC. My account now shows it delivered, but says I need two referrals to get an HPWC :-( Is this correct?

My referee delivered 12/27/2017. Got my charger end of July

Same. But Radio Flyer codes come faster. Though mine came damaged from Radio Flyer. Twice.

Congrats! You should automatically be in queue for reward. Next is an invitation to select whether you want the black signature hpwc or model s for kids. After that comes shipping.

Note: each step should probably take weeks, months definitely.

The first referral prize has changed. Wall charger/Model S for kids is for your second:

"Launch Your Photo into Deep Space Orbit
We’ll laser-etch any image onto glass and send it into deep space orbit for millions of years. Refer more friends while you wait for an alien race to discover your payload."

Appreciate the update. That’s a really long wait.... ugg.

My referrals took delivery in November and December 2017, and I got my HPWCs in August.

Does anyone know whether the award goes by the date ordered or the date delivered? I gave out a referral and when it was ordered I thought I was eligible to get a HPWC. My account now shows it delivered, but says I need two referrals to get an HPWC :-( Is this correct?

When they ordered, according to the referral details:

Referral Program

Same. But Radio Flyer codes come faster. Though mine came damaged from Radio Flyer. Twice.

The first referral prize has changed. Wall charger/Model S for kids is for your second:

"Launch Your Photo into Deep Space Orbit
We’ll laser-etch any image onto glass and send it into deep space orbit for millions of years. Refer more friends while you wait for an alien race to discover your payload."

Oddly enough, that was stated as the case on the referral page/my loot box.... my first referral got delivered mid-october and literally the day he took delivery I got a radio flyer code in my loot box, weird. My son's birthday is next weekend and he's going to absolutely flip his *sugar* to get a "blue Tes-uh-luh" just like daddy ;)

Reactions: BHCLUC
Oddly enough, that was stated as the case on the referral page/my loot box.... my first referral got delivered mid-october and literally the day he took delivery I got a radio flyer code in my loot box, weird. My son's birthday is next weekend and he's going to absolutely flip his *sugar* to get a "blue Tes-uh-luh" just like daddy ;)

I got my daughter one too. Too small to drive it, but loves honking the horn and turning on and off the lights.

Hey ... When you get yours check the front drivers side bumper. I received one that who's screw down point in the wheel well was cracked off so the bumper was not fully attached. Went through hell to get it replaced, and they sent a second one with the exact same defect. You may want to check yours too. After the second one arrived w the exact same damage, they sent me a free car cover... small consolation, but something.

IMG_20180711_183631.jpg

Same boat as everyone. My friends ordered Model X in March and took delivery in May. Never got an email, but noticed that I can select HPWC in the app a month later. After about a month of waiting, I talked to service manager at the closest service center while I was charging my car there on the Supercharger. He promised to look into it. I also told him that I don't care about black charger with signature and will take a regular one, since black one wasn't shipping at that time. Got an email from him a week later saying that he was able to sort out everything with the referral team and I should get an email with shipping confirmation in a day or two. Two month later, nothing showed up, so I emailed him again. He said that he will reach out to the referral team again and if they don't respond in a few days "I’ll make sure we get you a High-Power Wall Connector" not sure what he meant by that, but I assume that they might have some in stock in the service center, and he will just give me one as a referral award. Manager is really awesome, I've talked to him multiple times before, and he's been nothing but helpful. So I'm still keeping my hopes up for an email in the next few days. My other HPWC is schedule to arrive next week, and I want to call electrician only once, to install them both, to charge both cars at the same time.

Weird. I got my referral by buying a second Tesla. Took delivery of that three weeks ago and took delivery of my daughter’s mini tesla a few days ago.

Mini Tesla is just a code they give you to get it through Radio Flyer. Outside of Tesla. That seems to come quickly. It's anything they source and ship themselves that seems to be an issue!

Anyone get their third referral in the current program? Is there an option to powdercoat the arachnids like in programs past?

Apologize for being off topic...