Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOOT! Delivery scheduled for Thursday 3/17 @4pm!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats Peter. I know you wont sleep tonight with visions of X in your head. While unlikely, just be prepared for potential last minute things that might hold up your long awaited delivery. As with others, picture are required, smiles of you are mandatory as well.

Congratulatons...my wife did take one final slash at the exhorbitant cost night before last. She is making out the final check today and car will be picked up tomorrow. The spouses will just have to get over it. I awoke at 4 a.m. today and tomorrow no telling how early...

DS just called.

I'm not sure I can sleep now! But I better, just to make the time go by faster!

Question: the price is still a bit of a sore point for my wife -- is there discussion of the cost at delivery if everything has already been paid via ACH, etc.? I'd prefer to avoid triggering her, we've come to an understanding but best not to pick at the scab :)

DS just called.

I'm not sure I can sleep now! But I better, just to make the time go by faster!

Question: the price is still a bit of a sore point for my wife -- is there discussion of the cost at delivery if everything has already been paid via ACH, etc.? I'd prefer to avoid triggering her, we've come to an understanding but best not to pick at the scab :)

I recommend you let her be the first one to drive the car away from there. After the sight of the X and the pleasure of driving it before anyone else (including you), she'll probably forget all about that stiff price tag. ;)

Congrats by the way, I'm sure you're extremely excited! :)

I recommend you let her be the first one to drive the car away from there. After the sight of the X and the pleasure of driving it before anyone else (including you), she'll probably forget all about that stiff price tag. ;)

Congrats by the way, I'm sure you're extremely excited! :)

Sadly, my wife has low vision and so has not been a licensed driver since nearly going blind in the mid 80's. But she does *love* acceleration, so I do expect some squeals of delight once we get it.

But that won't get her over the cost, only time will heal that, she had a very "austere" childhood (as did I) so this kind of expenditure (1.5x the cost of our first home) on a *car* is just crazy to her. I'm looking at it as an investment in the future of our planet that I can afford to make and a long-term car purchase, but that thinking hasn't sunk in yet. I think she thinks of this as my mid-life crisis car (and I can't say she's completely wrong).

So I just don't want to pick at a scab :) We've been together for 25.5 years and I expect to be together for another 25.5 years or more, part of that is due to us being able to laugh at stuff like this once the pot has cooled, but when the heat is on it's hard to laugh :)

Reactions: satheesh.net
Sadly, my wife has low vision and so has not been a licensed driver since nearly going blind in the mid 80's. But she does *love* acceleration, so I do expect some squeals of delight once we get it.

But that won't get her over the cost, only time will heal that, she had a very "austere" childhood (as did I) so this kind of expenditure (1.5x the cost of our first home) on a *car* is just crazy to her. I'm looking at it as an investment in the future of our planet that I can afford to make and a long-term car purchase, but that thinking hasn't sunk in yet. I think she thinks of this as my mid-life crisis car (and I can't say she's completely wrong).

So I just don't want to pick at a scab :) We've been together for 25.5 years and I expect to be together for another 25.5 years or more, part of that is due to us being able to laugh at stuff like this once the pot has cooled, but when the heat is on it's hard to laugh :)
You've been waiting a long time and I'm confident you'll be delighted with the new car!