Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Work done prior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased my 2015 MS P85D (11/15 build) in April 2019 from Tesla (3 yr lease return, 27K mi, now has 60k). Came with a 4 yr warranty (in addition to what is remaining on the 8 year battery & drive train warranty. So in April 2023 my 4 year warranty will expire (time flies!), and in Nov 2023 my drive train / battery warranty expires. Still loving the car, and am thinking of driving it for a good bit longer. I've had relatively few issues with it (door handles, 12 v bat, my screens are still good) but I don't know what all was done during the first 3 years. Primarily I'd like to know if the battery and/or drive motors had been replaced. I tried to get that info from Tesla with no success, anyone know how I could find this out?
Thanks, Doug
image15.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry, that page doesn't quite provide all the info, but it does show you where the label is. Once you have the label, look at the serial number. It will start with T[YY] where YY is the year of manufacture, e.g. T15 is a 2015 battery. The letter that follows gives the month of manufacture, e.g. T15B is February 2015.

For new versus refurbished, you look at the battery model number. If it ends in 00-(letter), it was a new battery when installed. If it ends in 01-(letter), it was refurbished. I believe if it was twice refurbished, it would read 02-(letter).

So if you have a battery model that ends with -00-(letter) and your serial number is T15xxxx, that's the original battery in your car.

Reactions: IslandHydro