Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Work on lighting lift gate appliqué begins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Danal,
Understand about ADONS.
But I thought/hoped there was still to be an immediate "steady" command.
i.e. "TESLA" lit, but not fading, kitt scrolling, etc.
This would be consistent with BR, RV, and CH all having a Steady submode.

Yes, this is a clean miss. It is an obviously needed command, and I just flatly did not include it. It will have to be in 3.1.

Can't believe I missed that one, and that when I put the command set out for verification (many posts ago), you all missed it as well!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Danal, DIR120 seems to be 1 second. I was playing around and did play around with ADONR and did an RB command and it reported auto on Random with 21xx beats, and then seemed to be quite fast and fun. Any ideas? I'm on Rev. 3

Beats per Minute 120 should be twice per second. Just checked mine, and DIR015 is 4 seconds to the best of my ability to time it with a stopwatch. Try DIR400 or even DIR800 for some flashiness. ADONR will kick in with whatever the most recent DIRnnn set.

Last edited:
Yes, this is a clean miss. It is an obviously needed command, and I just flatly did not include it. It will have to be in 3.1.

Can't believe I missed that one, and that when I put the command set out for verification (many posts ago), you all missed it as well!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Beats per Minute 120 should be twice per second. Just checked mine, and DIR015 is 4 seconds to the best of my ability to time it with a stopwatch. Try DIR400 or even DIR800 for some flashiness. ADONR will kick in with whatever the most recent DIRnnn set.
Ah! now I see DIR > 800 is fun! I wa thinking higher than 120 was going to cause issues so was afraid to try before checking. Thx so much.

Any updates on the next batch? I figured I would have had mine before now.

There will be no more shipments until after TMC Connect. The hold up now is finding the right shop to do the water jet cutting of the letters. Our current supplier takes too long and charges too much. Danal and I are investigating several possibilities and we should have a decision next week. I have a batch of 15 OEM appliques standing by for cutting. So when we do ship we'll be fulfilling nearly all of the current orders that have not yet been shipped.

image.jpg

Looks great!

Is version II going to be something us early adopters will regret not waiting for? I mean, I have already waited this many months after it was expected so it would be a akin to taking delivery of a P85 right before the D was announced if version II was a better unit. Any details you can share?

Is version II going to be something us early adopters will regret not waiting for? I mean, I have already waited this many months after it was expected so it would be a akin to taking delivery of a P85 right before the D was announced if version II was a better unit. Any details you can share?

No for sure. Given the difficulty of obtaining appliqués from Tesla our plan is to make our own out of aluminum. They'll be custom made for the appliqué electronics and the letters will already be cut out. But in terms of function and appearance they will be exactly the same as the current appliqué.

We already have a beta version and once we have a version that meets our standards it will be the basis for all future production. These changes will make production easier and less costly, enable us to meet demand in a more timely basis, and eliminate the option for a core return.

We'll be posting more details about version 2 of the appliqué and our plans for production and availability later this week. In the meantime Danal and I are shooting to fulfill all current outstanding orders within the next two weeks.

Version 2 will eliminate the delays and a production issues that have been a major problem since the appliqués were first offered.