Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Work on lighting lift gate appliqué begins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weekends ago I had the pleasure of meeting Artsci's crew for the Applique Group Install. Thanks so much to everyone involved, especially John, Bill, and Jurgen for their expertise!

I'm really digging my Applique, what a great mod for the car. But wow, using that Bluefruit LE UART app to send the text commands is a real PIA. :)

So about a week ago, I asked Rick and Danal if they minded if I wrote a mobile app to integrate all those commands into an easy to use app. And they said "Not at all!"

So I've spent the last week or so developing a mobile app to control the Applique, and I'm really happy with the results. It will eventually be available for both iOS and Android devices... but right now I need a few beta testers for testing and feedback. If you are an iPhone/iPad user, and have an Apple TestFlight account, please PM me your email address, and I'll put you on the testers list so you can download the app. I'm just now waiting for Apple to approve the latest test build for external tester release, but that should happen tonight or tomorrow. As soon as it's released, you'll get the Test Flight invite.

It's just my way of giving back to the community and people who have created these mods and have graciously helped me with the installs.

I want to second Hank's comments about the install from a couple of weeks ago. It was great to meet Rick, Bill, John, Jurgen and the other participants and observers. It was lots of fun, and the concentrated knowledge floating around was amazing.

As others have said, the rear lighting gets tons of attention. I was initially a little worried that the mod would be too much, but it looks very classy and blends well with the design.

Hank, the new app will be a great contribution also. Thanks in advance!!!

It was great to finally meet you at the group install Hank. I think it's great that you are developing this app. It's another example of how the diverse talents of the Model S community can be marshaled to benefit all.

When GenII of the appliqué is produced (this time much faster and in greater volume) we'll be doing more group installs. And this time, if Jurgen's willing, we may do them it other parts of the country.

On an airplane back to Maryland from LA and can't wait to test the app when I get home. I'm sure it will be fanatstic,

When the GenII appliqué is available and we begin deliveries, SUPURKAR, Jurgen Baltizky, and I have been discussing the possibility of doing weekend group installs in key regions in the US and around the world. We can do 4-5 installs a day, 8-10 over a weekend. The installs will be free and all we ask is that the owners for whom we do installs pony up air fare and accommodations for our team of three. Once we know where GenII deliveries are concentrated we'll reach out to owners to determine interest.

Hi all,

I installed the applique a couple months ago and it's been looking and working great ever since!

Today, Tesla brought back my car after a minor service call and the applique is stuck like this:
Screenshot_2.png

The T is green, the E, S and L are red, and the A is off.

I've tried to send a reboot, a factory reset and a name change, but it doesn't change. Nothing seems to have any effect.

I used Rick's standard instructions, so I'm thinking I could pull the fuse for the lift gate module? Does anyone know which fuse that is and where it is?

Thanks!

Robert

When the GenII appliqué is available and we begin deliveries, SUPURKAR, Jurgen Baltizky, and I have been discussing the possibility of doing weekend group installs in key regions in the US and around the world. We can do 4-5 installs a day, 8-10 over a weekend. The installs will be free and all we ask is that the owners for whom we do installs pony up air fare and accommodations for our team of three. Once we know where GenII deliveries are concentrated we'll reach out to owners to determine interest.

Maybe we can find a group of people who are willing to finance these guys to fly to Europe and do a couple install weekends? If we get 10 people and everyone donates 500 euro we should be able to get this done

I was able to pull the fuse on the unit but more only the T lights up in red... Not sure how to proceed...

You have a failed letter board. I PMd you about fixing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we can find a group of people who are willing to finance these guys to fly to Europe and do a couple install weekends? If we get 10 people and everyone donates 500 euro we should be able to get this done

Anytime:)