Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Working at TESLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A thread for informal / unofficial discussions and exchanges between all of us aiming to land their dream job at TESLA Motors, and those who having already landed, may offer tips, advise and even recommend their fellow forum contacts.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,
I hope this thread may support networking amongst those of us looking for jobs at TESLA and those already working there.
I myself have recently applied to several posts in Amsterdam and London, and even to one in Palo Alto last year.

As you may note from my linkedin profile (es.linkedin.com/pub/francisco-javier-fernández-plaza/4/8a/11/) I have no direct experience in the automotive industry, though I can humbly say that I am well stablished Project Manager within Europe's collaborative procurement of military aircraft, and trust that such experience may be eventually transpose into wherever TESLA thinks I can bring the greatest added value.

Currently living in Madrid (Spain), the wife and I are more than happy to relocate, and are both really looking to contribute to making this planet a better place for us all, and those who follow.

Kind regards,

Javier

Last edited:
As a fellow Spaniard (originally from Madrid too actually, we even share a first name :) who was able to come to California and eventually land my dream job here (not at Tesla, although that would be wonderful too) I can totally relate, and while it's certainly not easy at all to get hired all the way from across the pond and going through all the immigration madness over here, I can say that perseverance and hard work go a long way towards making that particular dream a reality, so best of luck to you!

If you have any questions about this stuff btw don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Thanks blaz for the moral support and kind words!:wink:

I've made my mind up about wanting to work at TESLA because I love cars, I love the idea of contributing to personal transportation electrification helping to make this planet a cleaner one, I love the battle that TESLA is starting with "traditional" car manufacturers, and because from a distance it really seems that TESLA is doing things really well and is a great place to wake-up to go to.

On the contrary I have not yet made up my mind about where to do this at. I never got to visit California whilst at school in Florida (EMBRY-RIDDLE Aeronautical University), but I only hear good things (forest fires and earthquakes aside) :tongue:. It would seem to have many things in common with Spain: the sun, the beaches, the wine, many spanish speaking people...
We are however starting to think that we need to set-up a "home base" in which to settle and let our children grow (we have a 3-year old girl and a boy expected for end September), and many of the TESLA locations would seem like perfect places to do this in... I guess we still have to do some thinking before we can better focus our energies towards a particular place, and hence that any additional comment and/or advise would again be much appreciated.

Again thanks a lot for the kind words and the offered support.
Best regards,

Javier

Last edited: