TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Working at TESLA

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by fjavifp, Jun 25, 2013.

1. fjavifp

fjavifp Member

#1 fjavifp, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    A thread for informal / unofficial discussions and exchanges between all of us aiming to land their dream job at TESLA Motors, and those who having already landed, may offer tips, advise and even recommend their fellow forum contacts.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,
    I hope this thread may support networking amongst those of us looking for jobs at TESLA and those already working there.
    I myself have recently applied to several posts in Amsterdam and London, and even to one in Palo Alto last year.

As you may note from my linkedin profile (es.linkedin.com/pub/francisco-javier-fernández-plaza/4/8a/11/) I have no direct experience in the automotive industry, though I can humbly say that I am well stablished Project Manager within Europe's collaborative procurement of military aircraft, and trust that such experience may be eventually transpose into wherever TESLA thinks I can bring the greatest added value.

Currently living in Madrid (Spain), the wife and I are more than happy to relocate, and are both really looking to contribute to making this planet a better place for us all, and those who follow.

Kind regards,

Javier

2. blaz

blaz Member

As a fellow Spaniard (originally from Madrid too actually, we even share a first name :) who was able to come to California and eventually land my dream job here (not at Tesla, although that would be wonderful too) I can totally relate, and while it's certainly not easy at all to get hired all the way from across the pond and going through all the immigration madness over here, I can say that perseverance and hard work go a long way towards making that particular dream a reality, so best of luck to you!

If you have any questions about this stuff btw don't hesitate to send me a PM.

3. fjavifp

fjavifp Member

#3 fjavifp, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    Thanks blaz for the moral support and kind words!:wink:

I've made my mind up about wanting to work at TESLA because I love cars, I love the idea of contributing to personal transportation electrification helping to make this planet a cleaner one, I love the battle that TESLA is starting with "traditional" car manufacturers, and because from a distance it really seems that TESLA is doing things really well and is a great place to wake-up to go to.

On the contrary I have not yet made up my mind about where to do this at. I never got to visit California whilst at school in Florida (EMBRY-RIDDLE Aeronautical University), but I only hear good things (forest fires and earthquakes aside) :tongue:. It would seem to have many things in common with Spain: the sun, the beaches, the wine, many spanish speaking people...
    We are however starting to think that we need to set-up a "home base" in which to settle and let our children grow (we have a 3-year old girl and a boy expected for end September), and many of the TESLA locations would seem like perfect places to do this in... I guess we still have to do some thinking before we can better focus our energies towards a particular place, and hence that any additional comment and/or advise would again be much appreciated.

Again thanks a lot for the kind words and the offered support.
    Best regards,

Javier

4. fjavifp

fjavifp Member

Hi ya all,

Here a link to TESLA's linkedin group "Careers at Tesla Motors in Europe" for those who may not be aware of it:
    Careers at Tesla Motors in Europe | LinkedIn

No doubt the revolution is spreading to the old continent, and many of us are happy to promote and contribute to the initiative.

Best regards,
    Javier

5. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

Cool thread. ;)

6. fjavifp

fjavifp Member

Thank you Laumb!!
    I hope we can get it going, but I understand TESLA Motors staff may not be allowed to officially post...

Regards,
    Javier
    @TeslaJive

7. fjavifp

fjavifp Member

Wups!
    Just realised there's an earlier thread on this topic - I shall move all my discussions there and unsuscribe from this.
    Sorry
    Javier
    @TeslaJive

8. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

Link to the other thread?

9. fjavifp

fjavifp Member