TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Working conditions at Tesla factory

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sir Guacamolaf, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

I really hope this is just negative journalism and didn't happen.

Tesla factory workers reportedly drank Red Bull, walked through raw sewage to meet Model 3 quotas

Seriously, I want the company to succeed, but Elon if you are reading this, your best fans don't mind waiting another month or two or even a year, if it means someone doesn't HAVE to walk through raw sewage, or OD on red bull.

As far as the workers at Tesla, don't do it. Just don't. Walk away. Your health is far more important than a quota.

2. Ande

Ande Member

Yawn... Shorted stock desperation.
    What other company would get this kind of coverage for an apparently stupid accident, IF it is even true

3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Lol this post

4. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

Seriously.

I bet the software engineering department is looking at that report, and thinking: "They complain about having to drink Red Bull for a month?? What a bunch of pansies!! Snort... Snort... Ahhh....".

• Love x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. Unpilot

Unpilot Active Member

The title screams click bait hit piece .

No thanks.

• Like x 3
  6. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

*loads up the Tesla FUD checker questionnaire*
    1. Is the article exceedingly glorifying Tesla's accomplishments and/or its employees? No.
    It's FUD!!

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  7. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

If it's on the internet, it's real!

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. Sir Guacamolaf

I am not surprised to see the above reactions .. sadly all of them.

So, I own ZERO Tesla stock, never have owned it in past either. I own two Tesla vehicles, an S and a X.

My concern for another human being, as a human being is simply that, a genuine concern!

• Like x 1
  9. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

...ok respect that point of view ...unfortunately in corp ‘Merica....the norm is shareholders over employees(although corps won’t admit that ) and not just limited to Tesla .. u can prob find same stories at amazon , Walmart etc ....however no one is chaining these employees to the tent or wherever they are working ..if conditions are so horrible they should leave

• Love x 1
  10. arcus

arcus Active Member

The quoted incident involved forklift driver doing donuts - how is anyone to prevent people from doing stupid and unsafe things like that?

11. Sir Guacamolaf

Indeed. That said, there is no excuse for an idiot doing donuts with a forklift either.

Anyway, I hope those folks stand up for themselves and refuse to walk through raw sewage. Like anyone, I've done stupid things risking my health to meet a deadline. Looking back at it, I really shouldn't have.

Real incident from my life,
    Many years ago, I had a surgery, told my clients that I will not be available for 48 hours.
    Client calls, 30 mins after surgery. Needs desperate help. Begs me to help someone do the work while I am laying in bed. That someone is an idiot. 2 hours later, I am on my way on the metro, to the client (because I couldn't drive). They paid me a few thousand $, I rescued them, they celebrated, I was showered with praises.

But does the client remember that incident 15 years later? Nope.
    Do I remember it? Yes, because it left me with an injury that affects my life everyday.

Never again! Workers at Tesla, just walk away if this is the case. Your health > Model 3 numbers & shareholder value and that little bit extra money you may make.

• Like x 4
  12. JasonA-EV

JasonA-EV Member

Sounds like what my buddy the plumber does! He drinks Red Bull (and other various energy drinks) and snakes out other people's crap for $150+ or so an hr...

Not too shabby.. I'm sure they were paid OT :rolleyes:

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  13. SaveOurPlanet

SaveOurPlanet Member

I believe they are asked to work long hours but with overtime, but "walk through raw sewage"? That statement alone makes me think this is a union organizer talking. I hate unions, when jobs were moved to India, instead of trying to save the jobs here, they went to India to attempt to organize, the union bosses are more interested in union dues and power than American worker benefits.

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  14. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Many companies offer free coffee to their employees in the break room. The military provides alert pills to it's pilots and people in critical positions. We offer sodas during boring meetings to keep people alert. Red Bull is just a step up from that....it gives you wiiings!

• Funny x 1
  15. Beardco

Beardco Member

A toilet backs up and someone has to step through the poopy water. What, 1/16" deep? Don't wear your Jimmy Choo's to the factory.

My hands are in poop, I get peed on, I get barfed on. I don't complain and I don't get paid for it. Oh wait, I have children. Never mind.

• Funny x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  16. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

I was there for a tour a couple months ago, and without disclosing anything specific, every employee I saw looked happy, excited to work, and proud of what they do.

I've also toured a Nissan factory, and there was a distinct difference to Tesla's credit between the two in the way of moral appearance.

Of course, if there are thousands of employees there, I'd bet $100 that you could find one disgruntled worker... or maybe even two. Disgruntled employees are dime a dozen.... they're everywhere.

• Like x 2
  17. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

If you've never had to step in or over literal $#!+ while at work, you need a more exciting profession.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  18. Joe F

Joe F FUD Buster

It was unnamed sources. What I read was, the same few who have been pushing to unionize. My gut tells me they might also be on someone’s payroll as well as Tesla’s.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  19. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Yeah that ^^ several employees thanked us for buying their cars. That was pretty cool.

• Like x 1
  20. Evoforce

Evoforce Member

If they were plumbers, sanitation, etc... Roll up the sleeves, nothing to look at here! Just sewage! Let's keep on task and git-er- done!