Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Working conditions at Tesla factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sir Guacamolaf

The good kind of fat
Mar 15, 2016
Not in a Tesla
I really hope this is just negative journalism and didn't happen.

Tesla factory workers reportedly drank Red Bull, walked through raw sewage to meet Model 3 quotas

Seriously, I want the company to succeed, but Elon if you are reading this, your best fans don't mind waiting another month or two or even a year, if it means someone doesn't HAVE to walk through raw sewage, or OD on red bull.

As far as the workers at Tesla, don't do it. Just don't. Walk away. Your health is far more important than a quota.

I really hope this is just negative journalism and didn't happen.

Tesla factory workers reportedly drank Red Bull, walked through raw sewage to meet Model 3 quotas

Seriously, I want the company to succeed, but Elon if you are reading this, your best fans don't mind waiting another month or two or even a year, if it means someone doesn't HAVE to walk through raw sewage, or OD on red bull.

As far as the workers at Tesla, don't do it. Just don't. Walk away. Your health is far more important than a quota.

*loads up the Tesla FUD checker questionnaire*
1. Is the article exceedingly glorifying Tesla's accomplishments and/or its employees? No.
It's FUD!!

My concern for another human being, as a human being is simply that, a genuine concern!

...ok respect that point of view ...unfortunately in corp ‘Merica....the norm is shareholders over employees(although corps won’t admit that ) and not just limited to Tesla .. u can prob find same stories at amazon , Walmart etc ....however no one is chaining these employees to the tent or wherever they are working ..if conditions are so horrible they should leave

• Love
Reactions: Brando
...ok respect that point of view ...unfortunately in corp ‘Merica....the norm is shareholders over employees(although corps won’t admit that ) and not just limited to Tesla .. u can prob find same stories at amazon , Walmart etc ....however no one is chaining these employees to the tent or wherever they are working ..if conditions are so horrible they should leave

Indeed. That said, there is no excuse for an idiot doing donuts with a forklift either.

Anyway, I hope those folks stand up for themselves and refuse to walk through raw sewage. Like anyone, I've done stupid things risking my health to meet a deadline. Looking back at it, I really shouldn't have.

Real incident from my life,
Many years ago, I had a surgery, told my clients that I will not be available for 48 hours.
Client calls, 30 mins after surgery. Needs desperate help. Begs me to help someone do the work while I am laying in bed. That someone is an idiot. 2 hours later, I am on my way on the metro, to the client (because I couldn't drive). They paid me a few thousand $, I rescued them, they celebrated, I was showered with praises.

But does the client remember that incident 15 years later? Nope.
Do I remember it? Yes, because it left me with an injury that affects my life everyday.

Never again! Workers at Tesla, just walk away if this is the case. Your health > Model 3 numbers & shareholder value and that little bit extra money you may make.

I believe they are asked to work long hours but with overtime, but "walk through raw sewage"? That statement alone makes me think this is a union organizer talking. I hate unions, when jobs were moved to India, instead of trying to save the jobs here, they went to India to attempt to organize, the union bosses are more interested in union dues and power than American worker benefits.

Many companies offer free coffee to their employees in the break room. The military provides alert pills to it's pilots and people in critical positions. We offer sodas during boring meetings to keep people alert. Red Bull is just a step up from that....it gives you wiiings!

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I was there for a tour a couple months ago, and without disclosing anything specific, every employee I saw looked happy, excited to work, and proud of what they do.

I've also toured a Nissan factory, and there was a distinct difference to Tesla's credit between the two in the way of moral appearance.

Of course, if there are thousands of employees there, I'd bet $100 that you could find one disgruntled worker... or maybe even two. Disgruntled employees are dime a dozen.... they're everywhere.

Indeed. That said, there is no excuse for an idiot doing donuts with a forklift either.

Anyway, I hope those folks stand up for themselves and refuse to walk through raw sewage. Like anyone, I've done stupid things risking my health to meet a deadline. Looking back at it, I really shouldn't have.

Real incident from my life,
Many years ago, I had a surgery, told my clients that I will not be available for 48 hours.
Client calls, 30 mins after surgery. Needs desperate help. Begs me to help someone do the work while I am laying in bed. That someone is an idiot. 2 hours later, I am on my way on the metro, to the client (because I couldn't drive). They paid me a few thousand $, I rescued them, they celebrated, I was showered with praises.

But does the client remember that incident 15 years later? Nope.
Do I remember it? Yes, because it left me with an injury that affects my life everyday.

Never again! Workers at Tesla, just walk away if this is the case. Your health > Model 3 numbers & shareholder value and that little bit extra money you may make.
If they were plumbers, sanitation, etc... Roll up the sleeves, nothing to look at here! Just sewage! Let's keep on task and git-er- done!