Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Working MyQ solution?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried it today, myQ opens the garage but won’t close it , gives an “access unavailable “ message once the garage door is open

Had to close it with Homelink , so either I have a setting that is off somewhere or there is a bug
Do you have a linear garage door opener? Having the same issue. The myQ app works fine and I can get Amazon deliveries though. Their site reads that they don’t support linear but the original one (which I have did)

The MyQ app links to Tesla In-Vehicle Garage Control with myQ | myQ with an FAQ and other info that might help.

BTW:
> If you're signing up for the myQ Connected Garage + Tesla 30-day trial and need to get your opener connected, the universal myQ Smart Garage® Control hub is free, just pay $.99 for handling.

Using the MyQ phone app, opening and closing the door are different. Closing takes a while issuing a safety warning.

Maybe there's a setting to enable closing via the network?

I'm happy using the clicker.

Do you have a linear garage door opener? Having the same issue. The myQ app works fine and I can get Amazon deliveries though. Their site reads that they don’t support linear but the original one (which I have did)
Funny you should ask , I have a marantec but I added a linear Megacode receiver to it so it can talk to MyQ so in effect I have a linear garage opener…

That was compatible at the time , but I see what you see now on their website as being not compatible now….but mine still works fine on my phone

Last edited:
Same problem and I have the older My-Q smart hub model: MYQ-G0201C

Notice this myq support page says the hub MUST have wifi on it, the older ones do not:

I'm writing this as I am discussing the problem with Tesla Support, MyQ support only steps through making sure the myq app opens / closes the garage then sends you to Tesla. Thus far after asking me to do some steps in the car to ensure its all configured and pointing out the 'Access unavailable' instead of Close Door button, at first they said call myq of which I told them I jsut came from MyQ. The Tesla support person is discussing this with his peers.

Update: Tesla is looking into a software update to resolve this in the near future!

I have the older myQ hub as well, and the newer hub doesn’t work with my setup. Another tread had some excuse that Tesla said it’s an issue with the security protocols and the older myQ hub.

I call bs on that since it clearly opens the garage but doesn’t close it. Opening is more of a security issue than closing

I need to use the 201 to work with my Marantec/Linear setup, so I cancelled the subscription since it doesn’t work with my setup

if I ever upgrade the garage opener I may reconsider , but till then homelink works. Doubt tesla or myQ would ever fix the 201 bug

I installed the new G0401-ES, it always opened but would fail to close even when I used the old built MyQ into my openers.
If I pause after pulling out in the driveway it always closes, But if I drive off fast it fails. I think it's because it has trouble switching from my home Wi-Fi signal to the cell connection in the car. Short version: made no différance installing new hub, pausing works every time. I reset location after install.

I've been looking around for a currently working solution, but so far all of the solutions I've found no longer work. I opted to not get the homelink module because I already have 3 MyQ openers that I use the app for. I also have a physical opener but I really don't like sticking it somewhere or using the visor. I also would prefer to leave the phone in the charger and just use a hands free method to open or close the garage door.

Do I need to have additional equipment to do this other than the MyQ enabled openers? I can't seem to get these connected to HomeKit, nor can I seem to get any sort of shortcut/automation to work. Looks like the ability to open wifi openers is still "coming soon".

***Note*** I understand I have a few completely viable workarounds, they're just cumbersome and inconvenient. The closest integration I've seen is the Eve app integration for about $4/mo. Is that really the only reliable alternative to Homelink?
Check out this guy’s solution…
(I’m still looking into it.)

Sadly it seems that this looks like the best option... I have the clicker in my console, but I just can't believe this is the best way in a car with so much tech lol.
There are several better solutions available in your techie car—they just cost money. Everyone wants their cut, as ridiculous as it is. I agree with you that automating a button-click to open/close my garage door should not cost extra. Apparently, TESLA/MyQ doesn’t concur.

I've been looking around for a currently working solution, but so far all of the solutions I've found no longer work. I opted to not get the homelink module because I already have 3 MyQ openers that I use the app for. I also have a physical opener but I really don't like sticking it somewhere or using the visor. I also would prefer to leave the phone in the charger and just use a hands free method to open or close the garage door.

Do I need to have additional equipment to do this other than the MyQ enabled openers? I can't seem to get these connected to HomeKit, nor can I seem to get any sort of shortcut/automation to work. Looks like the ability to open wifi openers is still "coming soon".

***Note*** I understand I have a few completely viable workarounds, they're just cumbersome and inconvenient. The closest integration I've seen is the Eve app integration for about $4/mo. Is that really the only reliable alternative to Homelink?
TESLA just needs to stop being cheap and include the HomeLink hardware in every EV they make. From what I gather, it sounds like legacy Model S/X included this feature at no extra cost. I chose to pay $350 for the HomeLink hardware/install for my 2023 Model Y. I love it, but my goodness that price is steep!

Do you have the myQ built in or the add on hub like mine?
Chamberlain discontinued the HomeKit Home Hub. It used to cost $85.00, but they don’t even sell it anymore. Since I can open the MyQ iPhone app and press OPEN to open my garage door/s remotely from anywhere in the world, then there is absolutely no reason why I shouldn’t be able to automate that OPEN/CLOSE functionality, relative to my arrival/departure at/from home. Either using Bluetooth or perhaps when my iPhone connects/disconnects to/from my home Wi-Fi. Absolutely no reason why not, except for greed.

Check out this guy’s solution…
(I’m still looking into it.)
Sorry…here:
1674151047993.png

The MyQ app links to Tesla In-Vehicle Garage Control with myQ | myQ with an FAQ and other info that might help.

BTW:
> If you're signing up for the myQ Connected Garage + Tesla 30-day trial and need to get your opener connected, the universal myQ Smart Garage® Control hub is free, just pay $.99 for handling.

Using the MyQ phone app, opening and closing the door are different. Closing takes a while issuing a safety warning.

Maybe there's a setting to enable closing via the network?

I'm happy using the clicker.
Whenever I close my garage door/s using the iPhone MyQ app, my garage door opener light blinks off/on and an alert beeping sound is emitted for about 7-10 seconds before finally closing. It matters not if I am standing just outside my garage in my driveway or if I am in France.