Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Working on a group buy for PPF in the DFW area. Drive up and maybe save some $

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
TX
I have a S and 3 showing up fairly soon. I have PPF on my Y. I recently moved to DFW metroplex and didn't know anyone who did PPF installs. So I basically started from scratch. I reached out to quite a few. Most weren't willing to negotiate at all. I found a reputable company that is. A thread in the Model S delivery forum got me thinking about sort of doing a group buy as other S owners were interested in getting PPF but didn't want to pay the 6k plus prices they were seeing as well.

So I have been negotiating with a vendor in the DFW area. I am keeping everything confidential for now. They sell a top tier PPF and are a certified installer. We have about 4 cars so far. The discounts are decent so far. If we can get more, I think we can get even better. So if you are seriously interested reply here or DM me directly and I'll keep a list.

In full transparency, I never knew this company before moving here. I am getting the same PPF pricing as all of us will. So reply here or by DM if you are interested. I am still negotiating with the vendor but pricing is looking good so far.

I'd recommend Scott Solar for ppf, I've seen them do great work. Can't say the same for another installer that is lower in cost and gets ton of volume. Really low quality work, pm if you want to get more info. Good luck, wish I'd had the opportunity when I got mine done a couple months ago!

I think we've probably hit the required numbers if everyone follows through. Still a good opportunity for others on the fence to save a substantial amount on getting PPF for your car. Can see money on tinting and ceramic coating as well.

Just to reiterate, I get nothing from this other than the same discount as anyone who joins.

I have a S and 3 showing up fairly soon. I have PPF on my Y. I recently moved to DFW metroplex and didn't know anyone who did PPF installs. So I basically started from scratch. I reached out to quite a few. Most weren't willing to negotiate at all. I found a reputable company that is. A thread in the Model S delivery forum got me thinking about sort of doing a group buy as other S owners were interested in getting PPF but didn't want to pay the 6k plus prices they were seeing as well.

So I have been negotiating with a vendor in the DFW area. I am keeping everything confidential for now. They sell a top tier PPF and are a certified installer. We have about 4 cars so far. The discounts are decent so far. If we can get more, I think we can get even better. So if you are seriously interested reply here or DM me directly and I'll keep a list.

In full transparency, I never knew this company before moving here. I am getting the same PPF pricing as all of us will. So reply here or by DM if you are interested. I am still negotiating with the vendor but pricing is looking good so far.
Hello,
I am looking into PPF for my soon to be delivered Model 3. Please let me know if you are still in the process of getting this done.
Thanks!

I am interested as well. I have MSLR. I've reached out to a few vendors and they were quoting $4800 for full body Xpel matt PPF. Not sure what kind of a quote you guys negotiated. Appreciate if you could share the info.

I'm currently shopping for My Model Y Live in Frisco

Status
Not open for further replies.