Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Working with CT bed config

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! Thanks for the intro to 80/20. Cool stuff. This helped me focus my original question: will there be ports or attachment points in the bed that would allow easy addition of shelves or racks? I’ve heard that the alloy used for the body panels is pretty distinctive and wondering if that will constrain drilling/attaching to it if there are no built-in provisions for attachment...

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Hey! Thanks for the intro to 80/20. Cool stuff. This helped me focus my original question: will there be ports or attachment points in the bed that would allow easy addition of shelves or racks? I’ve heard that the alloy used for the body panels is pretty distinctive and wondering if that will constrain drilling/attaching to it if there are no built-in provisions for attachment...

Source

L-Track Rail and T-Slot Tracks in the Bed

L-tracks (shown in the first image in the gap just below the bed’s light bar) are used primarily in aircraft, and can be used to create tie-down points in any position along the length of the rail.

T-slot tracks (the lines you see along the length of the bed and tailgate) provide a similar function.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe