TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Workplace Charger Cost w/Installation in GTA

Discussion in 'Canada' started by CadillacJack, Jan 7, 2016.

1. CadillacJack

CadillacJack Member

Hi There - I'm working with my leadership team to have chargers installed at my workplace in Mississauga. It's pretty easy to figure out the cost of just a charger (GE, Sun Country, etc.), but does anyone have personal experience or suggestions for me around this? I know there's lots of variables involved, but any stories or information would be much appreciated. I'm thinking likely 'just' L2 200V/30 or 40A, and around 4-6 of them. Any thoughts on contractors I could reach out to would be great as well.

Thanks!
    Jack

PS I searched a few times in the forum but couldn't hit a good thread, although I feel I've read something recently.

2. MacLeodMX

MacLeodMX Member

You need to google EVCO right now. Its the provincial 20 million$ climate change fund. Your workplace can these installed for FREE, but the application has to be submitted by Feb 12 or 13th.

3. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

I installed an Eaton 48 amp EVSE at my office in Mississauga last spring. I sell some products from another Eaton division. My understanding is that Eaton is not making commercial units any longer. In any case, I used JML Electric, of Oakville. They install a lot of the Tesla HPWC in the west end, and also Schneider, and Eaton. I'd give them a call (PM me if you want the details).

PS: You are welcome to visit and see what is required