Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might want to rename the pin "NUMMI" as just "The Tesla Factory".
They seem interested in making the old NUMMI name go away, as that entity no longer runs the factory.

I would be interested in additional information on that SS147 in MA as I have just rechecked my confirmation email from Tesla Motors that stated that Signature Special # 147 was headed my way here in PA.
:confused:
That's strange. I'd send Tesla an e-mail I guess. Does your MyTesla page actually say Signature Special? Mine still says MODEL S SIGNATURE #114

Robert,
My two reservations P270 and S85 are not placed correctly on the map. I suppose that you have placed them based on my previous post on the Tesla forum pages. How can I correct the placement of the markers on your map?

Some quick counting over lunch; my counting may be slightly off, and of course the data are not necessarily a representative sample of the universe of Model S reservation holders. Nonetheless, with 318 data points, we find:

Northeast corridor (DC--NH): 48 (15%)
Northern California: 36 (11%)
Southern California: 26 (8%)
Netherlands/Belgium: 15 (5%)
Washington State: 15 (5%)
Florida: 13 (4%)
Chicagoland: 13 (4%)
Norway: 12 (4%)
Oregon: 10 (3%)
Montreal/Ottawa: 9 (3%)
Georgia: 8 (3%)
Texas: 8 (3%)
Greater Toronto: 6 (2%)
British Columbia: 6 (2%)
Germany: 5 (2%)
Austria: 4 (1%)
Switzerland: 3 (1%)
n.e.c.: 82 (26%)

OK, I cheated a little here, combining the NE Corridor; for the record, the breakout there is:

Metro Boston: 9
Metro NYC/CT: 18
Metro Philadelphia: 9
Metro DC/Baltimore: 12

Perhaps the most interesting takeaways that I get from this are:
  1. California's an important market, but by no means the only market
  2. Reservations in the Eastern and Central US time zones are higher than Pacific and Mountain zones
  3. Demand is very scattered, with 26% outside of "hot spots"

Here's the full list, excluding fleet sales:
Locations 09Jan12.PNG

Clearly my hand count of some areas was pretty badly flawed, owing to overlapping markers.

Attachments

• Locations 09Jan12.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 162