Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting impatiently. Red S 85, tan performance interior, tech package, alcantara headliner, parking sensors, new alignment of the obeche matte trim, 19 inch wheels, solid roof for Phoenix summers..., will paint the calipers red, and think about slotted rotors if they become available in the aftermarket. Delivery is March 8.

Here's the current geographic breakdown of entries on the WikiMap. The big change from last update is the surge of reservations in Europe, particularly Norway. There are 531 EU entries, of which 285 are in Norway! By comparison, California has 297 reservations marked. If you think that Silicon Valley is lousy with MSs, it will pale in comparison to Oslo. I have been approving Norwegian reservations at a faster pace than US entries, so I predict that by the end of the quarter, Norway will have overtaken California.
Here are the top 20 states measured on reservations per capita.

Would it be possible to have this list updated, with current figures? There are markets outside of the USA now, about to get delivery this summer and fall, in particular the RHD markets like Hong Kong, Japan and the UK, followed shortly by Australia and hopefully (lots of fingers crossed) also New Zealand.

Thank you for your great work - I have been a pin on that map for 1 1/2 years now!

Would it be possible to have this list updated, with current figures? There are markets outside of the USA now, about to get delivery this summer and fall, in particular the RHD markets like Hong Kong, Japan and the UK, followed shortly by Australia and hopefully (lots of fingers crossed) also New Zealand.

Thank you for your great work - I have been a pin on that map for 1 1/2 years now!

Also Robert, can you add a second pin for me, not sure what the reservation number is.
Took almost a year and a half but I converted my wife from a skeptic to a believer. :)
@DITB sorry for being such a hog.

Last edited:
Also Robert, can you add a second pin for me, not sure what the reservation number is.
Took almost a year and a half but I converted my wfie from a sceptic to a believer.
@DITB sorry for being such a hog.

We'll keep him at it, Robert.Boston really needs credit for doing this, and I hope he still has time to keep updating it.

With 2,919 owners' pins (which excludes Tesla facilities), here's the by-country tally:

Australia25
Austria21
Belarus1
Belgium60
Canada110
China2
Czech Republic3
Denmark22
Estonia1
Finland2
France19
Germany58
Hong Kong8
Hungary3
Iceland1
Ireland2
Italy7
Japan1
Liechtenstein2
Luxembourg1
Netherlands142
New Zealand4
Norway780
Poland1
Portugal1
Romania1
Russia1
Slovakia2
Spain4
Sweden19
Switzerland43
United Kingdom26
United States1546
Grand Total2919
-------------------------------------------
And here's the data by U.S. state:
Alabama9
Alaska2
Arizona53
Arkansas2
California367
Colorado34
Connecticut28
Delaware4
District Of Columbia6
Florida110
Georgia53
Hawaii22
Idaho2
Illinois66
Indiana14
Iowa3
Kansas7
Kentucky6
Louisiana5
Maine2
Maryland36
Massachusetts50
Michigan15
Minnesota21
Missouri17
Nebraska2
Nevada12
New Hampshire6
New Jersey51
New Mexico10
New York52
North Carolina28
Ohio23
Oklahoma6
Oregon58
Pennsylvania32
Rhode Island2
South Carolina14
South Dakota1
Tennessee13
Texas131
Utah8
Vermont6
Virginia44
Washington97
West Virginia2
Wisconsin11
Wyoming2
(blank)1

- - - Updated - - -

On a per capita basis, here are the top 10 states (figures shown are pins per 100,000 population):
Hawaii160
Oregon150
Washington142
California97
District Of Columbia97
Vermont96
Arizona82
Connecticut78
Massachusetts76
Colorado66
From a total-sales count, the top ten are:
California367
Texas131
Florida110
Washington97
Illinois66
Oregon58
Arizona53
Georgia53
New York52
New Jersey51

Thank you, Robert.Boston, great job you are doing there.

Imagine that Norway, with ~4 million people, have more entries on the list than the five best selling US states - together!

Hong Kong with 8 entries only, rumour says there are more than 400 orders already, while not a lot of these are on your list. A lot of locals either don't speak English, or don't use it much, while in Norway, most people speak English. In China, even fewer people than in Hong Kong bother with English, I am sure they have their own local Chinese forums.

Will TM ever release any official sales data I wonder? It would be interesting to see how the markets really compare.

Interesting... TX bans the direct sales, but still manages to be #2.

(of course there may be a confirmation bias since the information is collected here)

They can make paperwork slightly less easy, but they can't keep us from buying them or taking delivery. That's why I laugh whenever someone asks how I got my car when they are "banned" from being sold here. Not being able to discuss prices or even offer a test drive at the galleries doesn't seem to be slowing them down any here.

Interesting... TX bans the direct sales, but still manages to be #2.

(of course there may be a confirmation bias since the information is collected here)
I think the primary biases on the map are:

1. New market effect: when a country is revving up, there are a lot of pins added. The are relatively few new pins coming into the US, even though we know that the majority of the deliveries are in the US. I think this is because there's an "enthusiast" effect common among earlier buyers, eagerly awaiting deliveries.

2. English language effect: There's a mild bias, understandably, towards markets where English is the primary or strong secondary language.

Remember - it's not just Texas, but also Arizona and (now) New Jersey as states that ban direct sales...and they all are in the top ten, with a combined total of 235 pins.
On another front, it is extremely impressive that Norway has amassed over one-half of the US's total.

I think the primary biases on the map are:

1. New market effect: when a country is revving up, there are a lot of pins added. The are relatively few new pins coming into the US, even though we know that the majority of the deliveries are in the US. I think this is because there's an "enthusiast" effect common among earlier buyers, eagerly awaiting deliveries.

2. English language effect: There's a mild bias, understandably, towards markets where English is the primary or strong secondary language.

#2 is for sure valid for Hong Kong.

Rumours say that there are at least 400 cars on order, yet the map only shows up to 9 pins now (up from 8!).