Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm most impressed with Hawaii . . .
With good reason. Here are the top 12 U.S. states by "pins per million population":
StatePinsMM PopPins/MM
Hawaii271.419.4
Oregon673.917.2
Washington1126.916.2
District Of Columbia70.611.1
California42138.011.1
Vermont60.69.6
Colorado455.28.7
Connecticut313.68.6
Arizona566.68.5
Massachusetts566.68.4
Florida12719.36.6
Maryland385.96.5
Hawaii's strong first place is even more impressive when one considers that Hawaii has the highest electricity price of any state ($0.37/kWh, vs. $0.10 in Oregon and $0.09 in Washington). It wouldn't surprise me to learn, though, that many Hawaiian Model S owners are "driving on sunlight".

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Hawaii's strong first place is even more impressive when one considers that Hawaii has the highest electricity price of any state ($0.37/kWh, vs. $0.10 in Oregon and $0.09 in Washington). It wouldn't surprise me to learn, though, that many Hawaiian Model S owners are "driving on sunlight".

Hmmm...I wonder if there are ANY 85kWHs sold there? Not too many places to open up a P85D or to use up very much charge.

Robert, Lots of us Hawaii Tesla owners have PV panels on our roofs. Then again, lots of Model S owners in this state live in high-rise condos. My house and Model S are 100% powered by sunlight, and with state and federal credits plus plenty of sun, systems pay for themselves in a little over four years. I just make stinkeye when driving by gas stations. The electrical utility here in Honolulu is proposing draconian reductions in the rate they buy back electricity for future PV owners (I'm grandfathered in, whew). I suspect the new rules for energy buyback will create a hefty market for Tesla's home energy storage batteries in Hawaii.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm...I wonder if there are ANY 85kWHs sold there? Not too many places to open up a P85D or to use up very much charge.

Mejojo, you definitely see more 40kwh and 60kwh Model S cars in Hawaii than on the mainland. Still, I see lots of 85kwh Teslas here, perhaps because of the better performance. I'm guessing that more than half of Hawaii's Model S cars are 85kwh versions. The Big Island of Hawaii is large enough that it could really give an 85kwh Tesla's battery a run for its money. My daily commute from one side of Oahu to the other and back puts about 75-80 miles on my car, which makes the 40kwh version of the car adequate (135 rated miles, 156 ideal miles range). We have an active group of Tesla owners on this island and we'll be meeting at the service center Saturday for a party and P85D launches, courtesy of the Tesla Service Center. I'll try to get some video to share on this forum.

Last edited:
@bigdaddie, congrats on your Model S choice! Maybe you have it by now... I haven't been on TMC forum in a while. My VIN is 174698. This coming Wed 2/8 we are going on a road trip from Iowa to Fort Myers, FL! Looking forward to a few days of warmer weather. I wish more AP2 features would be enabled by then, but it looks doubtful. During 2016 I put 27K miles road-tripping in my previous S P90D. What fun and adventure!

Reactions: RedOctober
I've set up a wiki-map on which you can add your own entries. I'll approve them as they come in.

Tesla Model S & X Reservations and Deliveries map

• To add a marker, use the Additions/Add Marker - Simple drop-down.
  • Use your reservation number as the "Name", e.g. "P1635" or "S42 (EU)"
  • Please follow the color-coding convention in the legend at the bottom: red=Signature; purple=general Production; light purple=R list.
  • If you posted your reservation on the official boards, in the "Where will your Model S reside?" thread, I have already ported your entry.
  • If there is someone else with a reservation already in your town, please place your marker slightly to one side; otherwise, it will not be visible.

IMPORTANT NOTE: All entries go into moderation, so you won't see your marker until I approve it. If you have an questions or need to modify the marker, please send me a Private Message through these boards.

Currently, we have over 2800 individual purchases posted!
Is the map only for New Teslas or does it include CPO’s? I just ordered a 2015 S85D CPO with 12,004 miles, 3 days ago.

I placed my deposit for a CPO S85D last week. Tesla Advisor called today and said he will work the purchase order and will contact a delivery person. Wow, I am so excited. Can't believe it only has 12,004 miles! I feel like a child on Christmas Eve!
Untitled.jpg