Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to draw back attention to the fact that Robert set up a world map. Two continents are missing that are inhabited by cars: South America and Africa. Asia has 1 and Australia a few. Are there some reservation holders lurking here that might consider putting up their flag?

I would like to draw back attention to the fact that Robert set up a world map. Two continents are missing that are inhabited by cars: South America and Africa. Asia has 1 and Australia a few. Are there some reservation holders lurking here that might consider putting up their flag?

Tesla is only selling in certain countries at this point. None of those are in South America. None of them are in Africa. And only two are in Asia (Japan and Hong Kong). (The others are the US, Canada, Australia, the entire European Union, and Switzerland.) Anyone from outside the countries Tesla is selling in would have to transport the car themselves from a location where Tesla does sell cars. This limits the market fairly severely.

I guess that's not much of a problem for countries which you can drive to from the EU easily; and I guess the fellow who ordered 100 for a carsharing program in Iceland will know how to arrange delivery. (Icelanders may be used to this.) Driving a US car into Mexico seems plausible, a cadre might drive a car from Hong Kong into China, and someone might drive a car on a ferry across the Mediterranean or to Korea from Japan.

But you probably won't be seeing Teslas in South America or sub-Saharan Africa until Tesla actually starts selling cars in those locations.

Last edited:
I've added two new markers to the World Map of Model S & X Reservations:
Please use:
  • Blue for Model X Production; enter the name like "XP 123"
  • Cloud for Model X Signature; enter the name like "XS 99"
Note that you can turn off any kind of marker on the map by clicking the legend, so if you want to see only the Model X reservation holders, just click-off the various Model S entries.

Looks to me like Atlanta might have the most reservations of any city without a Tesla Store within driving range of the 300 mile Model S.

Looks like we should get the next store. I really hope so.

Even if you got a 85kWh pack driving it from DC (or Miami, which looks much harder to me) would take 3 days. Probably a 4th day and a charge on the road one day for the 60kWh.

And well the 40kWh is really just a city car. It would be a nightmare to drive 600+ miles.

Looks to me like Atlanta might have the most reservations of any city without a Tesla Store within driving range of the 300 mile Model S.

Looks like we should get the next store. I really hope so.

Even if you got a 85kWh pack driving it from DC (or Miami, which looks much harder to me) would take 3 days. Probably a 4th day and a charge on the road one day for the 60kWh.

And well the 40kWh is really just a city car. It would be a nightmare to drive 600+ miles.

i asked TM and they said that Atlanta is on the road map - they didn't say when it would be built though.

I'm in Atlanta too (P2138 or XP268)

I think there's a legal restriction in Georgia that says auto manufacturers can't sell cars directly to customers in GA. At the very least Tesla should open up one of those mall presences to skirt around the law like they did in Houston Texas.

http://j.mp/ATLTeslaRSVPs

Last edited:

I was wondering why there are only 5 reservations from Germany in contrast to about 30 in Belgium/The Netherlands alone. But then again there are only 2 Tesla stores in Germany - Hamburg and Munich. Sadly none in the "Middle" like around here (Frankfurt/Main). Which seems strange as the area around Frankfurt has some of the counties (if you can call them that?) with the highest per capita income in the whole of Germany. So quite a lot of potential customers.

I was wondering why there are only 5 reservations from Germany in contrast to about 30 in Belgium/The Netherlands alone. But then again there are only 2 Tesla stores in Germany - Hamburg and Munich. Sadly none in the "Middle" like around here (Frankfurt/Main). Which seems strange as the area around Frankfurt has some of the counties (if you can call them that?) with the highest per capita income in the whole of Germany. So quite a lot of potential customers.

Could Germans be more in love with their home-grown, fast, powerful ICEs from BMW/MB/Porsche/VW than are the rest of the Europeans who may not have as much of an emotional stake in the ICE vs EV situation?!

there are almost no informations or advertisments on tv and if they send something it's "anti ev giberish" like TopGear.....

Lot of people i met believe the car industrial propaganda , " not yet possible, too expensive ....aso "