Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor World's First Customized Model 3: Project 3X Walkthrough

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much you can do with customization of a Tesla VS a ICE car.

Some things I would buy;

-arachnid copies with OEM centre cap space that can fit OEM Telsa caps so it looks factory.

-Wrap kit for the scratch magnet center console.

-Bolt cover kit lie optional 19" wheels for 18" standard wheels.

I cant get over the wheel gap. Looks better in black, but all the Mod3s seem to ride high to me
For the wheel gap I probably would use larger aspect tyres to fill in the gap, would make look less like a moon buggy.

Last edited:
For the wheel gap I probably would use larger aspect tyres to fill in the gap, would make look less like a moon buggy.
Larger aspect tires are not recommended by tire experts. The MAXIMUM recommended increase in diameter is 3%, which is maybe 1/4" on the model 3. A larger tire will throw all UI software in disarray with respect to speed, distance, calculated range, etc. This MIGHT void your warranty if any damage is done to any aspect of the car as a result of rims or tires larger than OEM. Just a reminder, the outside diameter of the 18" and 19" wheels (rim plus tire) are virtually the same as a result of skinnier tires on the 19" rims.

What I am looking for are fender flares, similar to the Model X, that will close the fender gap on the existing wheels.

Larger aspect tires are not recommended by tire experts. The MAXIMUM recommended increase in diameter is 3%, which is maybe 1/4" on the model 3. A larger tire will throw all UI software in disarray with respect to speed, distance, calculated range, etc. This MIGHT void your warranty if any damage is done to any aspect of the car as a result of rims or tires larger than OEM. Just a reminder, the outside diameter of the 18" and 19" wheels (rim plus tire) are virtually the same as a result of skinnier tires on the 19" rims.

What I am looking for are fender flares, similar to the Model X, that will close the fender gap on the existing wheels.
Will be fine, I'm only talking about 4% increase in diamter by going one up size in ratio, from 235/45Z R18 to 235/50ZR18. Speed error is 62.3mph @60mph. Most speedos read high so will be dead on. Done this for years on several cars and its fine, infact it improved the performance and decreased cost due to tyres with larger ratios being cheaper (luck of the draw). Will fill in the gap nicely.

Above with fender flares will look sweet.