Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World's Greatest Tesla Model S P85D Review Series Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, it's been a while now since I've done a segment in my "World's Greatest Tesla Model S Review Series". Been busy on other projects, but going to work on some new videos soon.

My last check in was at 500 miles. I'm now just 3200 miles and *winter* is coming, which is when I think the real useful part of my review series will begin.

Any video requests of things you would like to see covered in detail? Let me know!

Ok, it's been a while now since I've done a segment in my "World's Greatest Tesla Model S Review Series". Been busy on other projects, but going to work on some new videos soon.

My last check in was at 500 miles. I'm now just 3200 miles and *winter* is coming, which is when I think the real useful part of my review series will begin.

Any video requests of things you would like to see covered in detail? Let me know!
You know, there are pretty of videos about travel and superchargers. How about a video of travelling on the Sun Country Highway?

Hi Kevin.

I really enjoyed the videos so far. I am personally interested in the affects of really cold weather (-30ish) on range, energy used (range lost) for interior heating, and range lost while parked. Also, I would love to see some AWD drive handling compared to something that is known to be good, like a Subaru or Audi's Quattro AWD.

Thanks, and keep up the high quality.

Devin

All great ideas, thanks!!

Hi Kevin.

I really enjoyed the videos so far. I am personally interested in the affects of really cold weather (-30ish) on range, energy used (range lost) for interior heating, and range lost while parked. Also, I would love to see some AWD drive handling compared to something that is known to be good, like a Subaru or Audi's Quattro AWD.

Thanks, and keep up the high quality.

Devin

I'd suggest a discussion on energy use in challenging conditions... wind/cold/rain/snow. How much do the heated seats and wheel consume? Do headlights really make little or no difference?

As well, some thoughts on the way the speed limit adjustment value doesn't seem to be accounted for in the trip energy calculation. Does it use Google speed limit data? Any crowd sourcing from the cameras as they read speed signs?

And perhaps something on actual vs. predicted topographic energy values.... I see some serious errors that cause me to use more than predicted over some mountain passes.

It would be more of a technical video than a pure Adrenalin drag race video, but would have value... I find that there is often too much gut feel involved in doing meaningful calculations and deciding whether a travel leg is feasible or not. I'm able to handle it, but for non-technical people, this amounts to the range anxiety issue we were supposed to have solved already!

I'm so happy about how tesla is changing the world. And they do not just talk about it. They do it.
So i have made my first video compilation and hope that the people will fall in love with the car:

criticism & comments are welcome
please enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume Kevin started the thread for his videos, just as Bjorn has his own video thread.

Ah, I see that now. "The World's Greatest" threw me off. If it was "Kevin's videos" or some other proper noun I think it would be less confusing. When you see world's greatest on sites like YouTube it usually implies a collection, that someone has deemed the "best", not the original creator.

Ah, I see that now. "The World's Greatest" threw me off. If it was "Kevin's videos" or some other proper noun I think it would be less confusing. When you see world's greatest on sites like YouTube it usually implies a collection, that someone has deemed the "best", not the original creator.

Kevin makes it quite clear in his title sequence that "World's Greatest" is his chosen title for his review series. The best way to discover this is to actually watch the videos. :wink:

I really enjoyed the videos. Thanks for making them!

One thing that surprised me (blew my mind actually) is you live in a condo with no indoor parking?!? Holy smokes, man... $130,000 Tesla with no garage? I guess that really was a "WTF" moment for me.

Regardless, looking forward to more videos. Keep it up! :)