TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Worlds largest battery to be installed in South Australia by Tesla

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by meloccom, Jul 6, 2017.

1. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

#1 meloccom, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2017
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Wow- exciting and amazing and better not slow down delivery of my Powerwall!

3. Murbs

Murbs Member

The fact that Elon himself insisted on enshrining his 100 day installation or it's free commitment in the supply contract proves he has balls of stainless steel.

4. BenT

BenT Member

And Jamestown is about 200 km north of Adelaide so perfect spot for a Supercharger. 328km from Broken Hill and 220 km from Flinders Ranges.

• Like x 1
  5. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

In time, especially if Tesla is successful in getting other automakers to start having serious electric vehicle programs, this may become the majority of what Tesla does -- renewable energy and grid storage solutions. The auto division could end up just being a niche that pushes industry advancement in automobiles.

6. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Well, lets see if he can meet this schedule!! His record on many other promises is not flash!!
    We still have not got 8.1 by December 2016 as promised. Yes the number is on our screens, but not the content.
    My guess is that production of modules was long since started, otherwise he could never have taken the contractual risk.

7. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Tesla often falls behind on their timelines for developing new technology, but the Powerpack technology is already done. All they have to do is build and install it. I have a pretty strong confidence that this project will be completed on time based on that.

• Like x 1
  8. ChrsiH314

ChrsiH314 Member

I hope there are some caveats in that '100 days or it's free'. Otherwise my mind thinks of all the ways the SA govt could delay things ... 'sorry, Fred's off on long service leave ... let's resume this in 3 months'

9. Vostok

Vostok Member

Tesla installed the 80MWh battery at the Mira Loma substation, Ontario, California in less than 3 months. They won the contract on 15 September 2016 and cut the ribbon in December. I don't think Tesla is worried.

• Informative x 1
  10. Vostok

Vostok Member

The clock starts ticking once the grid interconnect agreement is signed, which hasn't happened yet. And I'm sure any delays beyond Tesla's control (e.g. someone else does not do what they are supposed to do in the time they were supposed to do it in) causes the clock to stop.

11. RIPPERTON

RIPPERTON Member

Its like solicitors saying " No win No fee " because they only take on jobs they know they can win.
    100 days or its free sounds more like publicity.

12. raynewman

raynewman Member

One hopes so; a fail could do dreadful things to the share price.

13. Ben1975

Ben1975 Member

Tesla has started the ball rolling, I have noticed new EV makers coming out of the woodwork. The big 3 have never been more serious about EVs. It the model 3 takes off as predicted the race is on to sell the most.

14. Zoltrix77

Zoltrix77 Member

Hopefully they could find sometime to build a Tesla showroom and supercharger in Adelaide to complement the battery!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  15. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I don't think they are related! However it would be extremely good odds to expect a showroom/service centre/supercharger in Adelaide before the end of 2018!

16. BenT

BenT Member

It would be also nice if they could support an fast charger electric highway linking regional centers in the way WA and QLD have.

17. Zoltrix77

Zoltrix77 Member

Not suggesting it would be related, but could help sell the whole concept to the list locals.

18. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

19. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

20. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

This absolute piece of rubbish has just gone up. Exactly what you'd expect from a Liberal mouthpiece.
    No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

I know there isn't changing some people's minds, but if you get in early with the comments you can at least set the record straight.

• Like x 1