Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worlds largest battery to be installed in South Australia by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In time, especially if Tesla is successful in getting other automakers to start having serious electric vehicle programs, this may become the majority of what Tesla does -- renewable energy and grid storage solutions. The auto division could end up just being a niche that pushes industry advancement in automobiles.

Well, lets see if he can meet this schedule!! His record on many other promises is not flash!!
We still have not got 8.1 by December 2016 as promised. Yes the number is on our screens, but not the content.
My guess is that production of modules was long since started, otherwise he could never have taken the contractual risk.

Well, lets see if he can meet this schedule!! His record on many other promises is not flash!!
We still have not got 8.1 by December 2016 as promised. Yes the number is on our screens, but not the content.
My guess is that production of modules was long since started, otherwise he could never have taken the contractual risk.
Tesla often falls behind on their timelines for developing new technology, but the Powerpack technology is already done. All they have to do is build and install it. I have a pretty strong confidence that this project will be completed on time based on that.

Reactions: RichardMcN
I hope there are some caveats in that '100 days or it's free'. Otherwise my mind thinks of all the ways the SA govt could delay things ... 'sorry, Fred's off on long service leave ... let's resume this in 3 months'
The clock starts ticking once the grid interconnect agreement is signed, which hasn't happened yet. And I'm sure any delays beyond Tesla's control (e.g. someone else does not do what they are supposed to do in the time they were supposed to do it in) causes the clock to stop.

In time, especially if Tesla is successful in getting other automakers to start having serious electric vehicle programs, this may become the majority of what Tesla does -- renewable energy and grid storage solutions. The auto division could end up just being a niche that pushes industry advancement in automobiles.
Tesla has started the ball rolling, I have noticed new EV makers coming out of the woodwork. The big 3 have never been more serious about EVs. It the model 3 takes off as predicted the race is on to sell the most.