Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World's Largest Electric Vehicle Gathering, August 10, 2014, SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Originally Posted by Cottonwood:
"Jay Leno has a 1909 Baker Electric in his Garage. Someone should contact him; he may be interested in bringing it to the event."

Jay Leno has been approached, but no firm offer yet on what he might display.

By the way, I did find a 1914 Beardsley Electric (the first EV built in California) and the museum agreed to let us show it. We just need to raise the funds to ship a fragile car half way across the USA and back! We will also have Tom Hank's personal eBox electric (built by AC Propulsion) and the first 18650 cell car that inspired Tesla in 2003 to build the Roadster that way. We will have several examples of "Electric Shoppers" from a Long Beach, California company called The Electric Car Company of California (1951-1962). The Historic Electric Vehicle Foundation will display some cars, including the 1948 Autoette amongst several other EV brands that you never heard of.

We have a tentative agreement with the world's first Baja Off-Road electric racer. Other tentative agreements are with the Pike's Peak Hill Climb winning EV, and perhaps the first EV motorcycle to beat EVERY motorcycle (gasoline, too) last summer on that race.

Definitely, we will have virtually every electric motorcycle manufacturer, most of which are on the USA west coast, but also Energica from Italy. FormulaE is a distant chance, since the first round of their new series is in China in September, but our event will be right in the heart of the Long Beach Gran Prix. UPS, FedEx, Frito-Lay, the Port of Los Angeles, and anybody else with an EV work related vehicle has been invited to the event.

BYD has tentatively agreed to bring a EV bus and some EV cars. Did I mention that there would be Nissan LEAFs? There's no surprise that they'll be a whole bunch of Tesla cars. We really need 300-400 of each present.

Obviously, we want Nissan LEAFs to be present by the hundreds, which I think is very doable, but a few official Nissan ones would be great. Particularly something unique like the 48kW LEAF that was entered in some study / event that I read about. Or, even a show car that is electric. Maybe something from Nissan's design studio in San Diego or the new facility in the San Francisco area? How about their first Nissan Electric (1948?) would certainly be iconic. How about an NV-2000 EV taxi built for London? Bladerunner?

For Tesla, I'm not sure what they might do.