TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Worldwide Porsche GT3 recall

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by jkliu47, Feb 20, 2014.

1. jkliu47

jkliu47 Member

#1 jkliu47, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
  2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Porsche is asking owners of its 911 GT3 models to stop driving them

wow. They have asked everyone to completely stop driving them. Porsche warning: 911 GT3s can catch fire

3. 772

772 Member

Yeah, I just saw this too. They don't know what caused the fires, but it was not involved in any accident and thankfully no one has gotten hurt.

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

New York Times had 5 paragraphs about Tesla fires at the end of it's article on Tesla's earnings today. Let's see how many paragraphs Porsche gets.

5. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

Top Gear in the UK has covered this extensively (one of the presenters had his GT3 recalled - they gave him some Porsche branded oven gloves...)

6. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

7. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

The mechanic who does my alignments is deeply connected with Porsche. His information is that a bracket (not made by Porsche) that supported the oil pump would break spewing oil onto the hot engine resulting in the fire. Not being a mechanic I do not know the specific hardware that failed but he said it was a very simple piece of hardware that failed, resulting in the problem.