Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worse than getting ICE'ed!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure the person in question was having a difficult time backing into any of the open spots, and thus ended up parking within his/her capabilities. I blame Tesla for not setting up the Superchargers for the backing-up-challenged folks. </end sarcasm>

With autotilt mirrors and a backup camera I don't see how anyone couldn't do at least a reasonable job backing up a Model S.

Oh lord. They pulled up to the Supercharger like they were pulling up to a gas pump. That's what happened. I'm kind of embarrassed for them now. I doubt they were being a jerk. I'll bet they can back up just fine.

They're just stupid, bless their heart.

I am sure the person in question was having a difficult time backing into any of the open spots, and thus ended up parking within his/her capabilities. I blame Tesla for not setting up the Superchargers for the backing-up-challenged folks. </end sarcasm>

I think you are probably correct. They probably just did not understand the consequences of their actions. "No one else here; oh, this is easier."

Next time, call the Tesla 877 number on the Supercharger at that moment, and give them the stall #. They can then contact the owner. If possible e-mail the picture to Tesla as well. I am sure that Tesla can politely inform the owner of this incorrect and impolite behavior so that it won't happen again. Leaving a polite note on under the wipers with your name and phone number is also a reasonable approach.

My first thought in seeing the picture was the car was parked that way for a "photo shoot" by the owner to both show off his car and the Tesla Chargers. So giving the benefit of the doubt to the S owner, perhaps he/she had to run in to one of the stores for a bathroom break or some such thing and the OP happened along and caught the "bad behavior" in what may have been an innocent explanation. Anyway, if the model S owner truly had bad intentions, karma has a way of making things right.

Not sure which is my favorite:smile:

bad parking.PNG
bad parking 2.PNG
bad parking 3.PNG

I gather that you don't walk away and leave your Model S taking up three charging stalls.

Larry

Definately not, and if someone were to pull up, I would Imediately Move.

Though, For the person in the photo, if they are "backup challenged", every SC that I have visited accept Highland Park Service Center's, has had at least 1 kiosk you can pull straight into the space.

Like everyone here in this thread, I was appalled when I drove by and saw this Model S parked in a way that displayed blatant disregard for other people. Perhaps naively, I had expected any driver of an electric vehicle to be at least courteous towards each other.

Being mindful of their privacy, I purposefully avoided taking a picture of this Model S' license plate. After reading these posts, I agree with the overall consensus to report this egregious conduct to Tesla. Since there was only one car charging at the Fort Myers SC at that time, it should not be difficult to identify the culprit vehicle and owner. What is the best way to contact Tesla? This doesn't seem appropriate for the "ownership" department. Any suggestions?

Oh lord. They pulled up to the Supercharger like they were pulling up to a gas pump. That's what happened. I'm kind of embarrassed for them now. I doubt they were being a jerk. I'll bet they can back up just fine.

LOL, Bonnie... you must be from the south. "Bless their heart" is southern for "what a stupid #@$-(="

I am at a loss for words that anyone would think this was OK to do... Even if you suck at backing up, a poor job of that would only block two spaces at the most...

HAHAHAHA Whenever someone says "Bless their heart" what they really mean is "poor thing left their helmet at home"

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, for people saying this I don't see much happening from it. I doubt Tesla will be the charging police. Really, it would be up to the local authorities to give a ticket or something of that nature for double parking. With the amount of superchargers going out and the thousands of Model S vehicles going out per month, they would need a Supercharger team to fill reports out on ICE's alone.

Sorry for being pessimistic/realistic but reporting this I feel doesn't do much good except garner rolled eyes and "Sure we'll look into it" empty promises. In the end, what can Tesla do about it?

Not true. Tesla will contact the owner if u called in the VIN

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, Bonnie... you must be from the south. "Bless their heart" is southern for "what a stupid #@$-(="

LMAOOOOO

Like everyone here in this thread, I was appalled when I drove by and saw this Model S parked in a way that displayed blatant disregard for other people. Perhaps naively, I had expected any driver of an electric vehicle to be at least courteous towards each other.

Being mindful of their privacy, I purposefully avoided taking a picture of this Model S' license plate. After reading these posts, I agree with the overall consensus to report this egregious conduct to Tesla. Since there was only one car charging at the Fort Myers SC at that time, it should not be difficult to identify the culprit vehicle and owner. What is the best way to contact Tesla? This doesn't seem appropriate for the "ownership" department. Any suggestions?

At the Superchargers that I have been to, there is an 877 number on the pedestals; 877-798-3752 takes you to a corporate voice menu that you can drill down to Supercharger support with a human answering. When I find a pedestal not working, charging slowly, etc, I give this number a call. The people on the other end are always courteous and thank me for giving them the reports, often verifying the status on the spot.