Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worsen driving experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, TMC! I'm a Tesla newbie, but I hope you might be able to help me. I have Tesla Model 3, which I've been driving for a month now. Two days ago, the car started to go completely differently. I can feel every bump on the road, and all the conditions can be deemed in the pedals, resistance, and movement. Acceleration is slower, stopping is not smooth anymore. I drive the same road everyday, and the difference is significant. My body moves, and the car is shaky on the bumpy roads, and before these roads were not that bad. Sincerely hope you will be able to help me. Thank you.

First, I'd check with an experienced driver to get their opinion on what could be the issue. Some problems can be minor, tire inflation pressures, and some could be major, suspension loose, and having another opinion never hurts.

Check that all your tires are inflated properly, and check lug tightness. If tire inflation and lug tightness is not the issue, I'd schedule an appt with the nearest Service Center to make sure all the suspension bits are nice and tight. If you can't get an appt within a reasonable amount of time, I'd stop at a tire shop and have them put it up on a lift and have the techs check the suspension.

Upvote 0
Hi, TMC! I'm a Tesla newbie, but I hope you might be able to help me. I have Tesla Model 3, which I've been driving for a month now. Two days ago, the car started to go completely differently. I can feel every bump on the road, and all the conditions can be deemed in the pedals, resistance, and movement. Acceleration is slower, stopping is not smooth anymore. I drive the same road everyday, and the difference is significant. My body moves, and the car is shaky on the bumpy roads, and before these roads were not that bad. Sincerely hope you will be able to help me. Thank you.

Hi,.

It's winter in NY and it just started getting really cold. Your car will drive slower and the stopping will feel different. Batteries don't like being cold.

In cold the car will not have regenerative braking and will attempt to mimic it by applying the hydraulic brakes. You are correct it doesn't feel as smooth. You can feel it in the pedal because the brake pedal actually moves. The car will also limit acceleration if the battery is cold.

The bumpy roads might be normal. You might be noticing a change and now focusing on what the problem could be so noticing bumps. Maybe it's a little more bumpy just from the tires rubber compound getting harder in winter or you have an over inflated tire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First, I'd check with an experienced driver to get their opinion on what could be the issue. Some problems can be minor, tire inflation pressures, and some could be major, suspension loose, and having another opinion never hurts.

Check that all your tires are inflated properly, and check lug tightness. If tire inflation and lug tightness is not the issue, I'd schedule an appt with the nearest Service Center to make sure all the suspension bits are nice and tight. If you can't get an appt within a reasonable amount of time, I'd stop at a tire shop and have them put it up on a lift and have the techs check the suspension.
If you go to a tire shop MAKE SURE THEY CORRECTLY identify the proper body lift points and put it in Jack mode. The fact that the car is flat underneath does NOT mean it can be jacked anywhere.

Upvote 0