TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Worst built car ever (my model X)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by BToorani, Oct 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jmedlin

Jmedlin Member

Seems like small things that can be fixed. Remember that you're paying for innovation beyond the minor issues that can be addressed. Take a chill pill please.

2. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

The OP started this thread in Oct and you are telling them to take a chill pill 4 months later, really?

• Like x 1
  3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Slow acting drugs?;)

4. hill

hill Member

Chill pills have side effects. 4 months - and still no remedy for the double / tripple vision windshield. We just got our VIN, but we'd rather loose the $2,500 deposit & let ghosting be the issue of the poor victim that gets our X. We thought if we had waited THIS long after the issue surfaced, some fix would have happened. But it looks like we won't be a dual tesla family after all - due to the inability to assure a quality windshield - never mind the other stuff. Very sorry. Hope the $2,500 can go toward better R&D.

5. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

I also got a lemon. They have agreed to take the car back. I waited ten months but I wish I had started the process several months earlier. It took five months for then to agree to take the car back.

6. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Did you have to pay the $1 per mile?

7. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

Yes $1 per mile. In addition I have to eat any increase in price. I went from a fully loaded P90DL (which is no longer available ) to a fully loaded P100DL and it is going to cost me around $25k.

8. James Anders

James Anders Member

Does anyone honestly believe that Elon Musk would be OK with his Model X having these flaws?

Of course not. He has shown to be demanding (and properly so) and uncompromising in many areas of his business life. Why should any of us minimize or justify issues of quality or workmanship when it's obvious that Musk himself would not.

And while it's comforting that some people have flawless cars it's a somewhat meaningless anecdotal point for those who have vehicles with numerous issues on such a prestigious vehicle.