Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worst car ordering process ever....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't believe I'm still committing to this car. After reading all these complaints and issues with the car.
on 5th week and Tesla has changed my delivery date 3-4 times.
It only gets worse. The online ordering part is actually the good part of Tesla’s single dealer model. Better than dealers using the ordering to carve out some revenue in options and financing.

What you’re missing out on now isn’t even that important, but unfortunately it is indicative of the custom service ethos of the company.

But I can believe you’re still committing. It’s fundamentally one of the best cars ever made, outside of the Tesla cheap robo taxis ethos. Elite acceleration for a sedan, good handling, best one-peddle driving, good autonomous features (although lacking overall in HMI). To do better you’ll spend more and likely have to give up some of the EV instant torque.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVDRVN and eric135i
Sorry to hear that man, my ordering and delivery process has been seamless for my first Tesla. Consistent automatic updates via txt, as well as personalized communications from staff. Expectations continually set properly and exceeded.
I don’t blame the guy. I’ve only received one measly text nearly 3 weeks ago where it said my delivery was 3-6 weeks away... In essence, what I was told the day I placed my order 8/11. Tesla seem to drag their feet as we sit here twiddle our thumbs around.

I just hope one day we can just walk into a Tesla dealer and get our car and go home the same day.

Reactions: eric135i
I don’t blame the guy. I’ve only received one measly text nearly 3 weeks ago where it said my delivery was 3-6 weeks away... In essence, what I was told the day I placed my order 8/11. Tesla seem to drag their feet as we sit here twiddle our thumbs around.

I just hope one day we can just walk into a Tesla dealer and get our car and go home the same day.
If you don't have your car this week, I would be surprised if you don't next week. Have you called to ask if your VIN has been assigned yet?

Reactions: RedWhite19
If you don't have your car this week, I would be surprised if you don't next week. Have you called to ask if your VIN has been assigned yet?

Yup, I called last week. The guy said “We should be pushing out more cars next week and I should get a VIN this week.” The guy was nice and apologetic, almost sounded embarrassed by this. But having to wait this long isn’t fun. I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, I’m not ordering a specialized Ferrari that had to be made is Modena and shipped over from Italy...It is a Tesla Model 3. And honestly, I think my order is coming late September or early October. Us SoCal orders who placed the order in early or mid August are getting the short end of the stick.

I’m sure as soon as I get the car, I’ll be happy but I’m not sure if I’m ever waiting this long again for a Tesla. Luckily, I’ve got daily driver. If I didn’t have a car right now I’d be fuming.

Reactions: eric135i
Yup, I called last week. The guy said “We should be pushing out more cars next week and I should get a VIN this week.” The guy was nice and apologetic, almost sounded embarrassed by this. But having to wait this long isn’t fun. I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again, I’m not ordering a specialized Ferrari that had to be made is Modena and shipped over from Italy...It is a Tesla Model 3. And honestly, I think my order is coming late September or early October. Us SoCal orders who placed the order in early or mid August are getting the short end of the stick.

I’m sure as soon as I get the car, I’ll be happy but I’m not sure if I’m ever waiting this long again for a Tesla. Luckily, I’ve got daily driver. If I didn’t have a car right now I’d be fuming.

Tesla sells every car they print. You’re not waiting because they are sitting on their hands or screwing around. If they can ever catch up with demand then they’ll probably have inventory like every other car maker, and those who have a hard time waiting won’t have to worry about it anymore.. but right now it’s not like that.