Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worst Customer Service - Delivery Advisor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were scheduled to take delivery of a Model 3 on September 15th, but our Delivery Advisor moved it up to September 8th. We schedule the closing on the car loan for Wednesday the 5th at 4pm. I called the Delivery Advisor Tuesday the 4th because we had not yet received the Purchase Agreement or Letter of Guarantee. She, Meloni Davis, guaranteed that we would have the Purchase Agreement and the Letter of Guarantee (Required of banking institutions in WI since we have to take delivery in IL).

I emailed her at 3:10pm on Wednesday stating we had yet to receive both documents and our loan closing appointment was approaching. I called her and left a voicemail at 3:58pm. We sat in the loan officer's office for an hour having called her several more times and sent her emails. I called a phone number for delivery I found online and he was able to speak to someone. He emailed me a document, but it was neither of the documents that the bank needed. We get disconnected (he hung up), and when I call back, he is on another call. The new person I spoke to sent emails to the manager of the Delivery Advisors, but I have not received a single phone call or email from them.

On Thursday, we get the Purchase Agreement emailed to us. We digitally sign it and download a copy. Still no Letter of Guarantee. Today, Friday, I emailed our Delivery Advisor again, and she continues to not take our calls or respond to our emails. I called Sales and speak with someone who tries to call Meloni, and she does not answer. She sends a message to her and then also sends a message to her supervisor and the manager of that department.

In the last hour, I have searched for executives to the company and tried calling them only to get messages from their phone extensions that they are not available and to leave a message. I did not leave a message because it is now evident that voicemails are left unanswered.

It is Friday 6:17pm. Banks are closed. Won't be able to close on the loan. Won't be able to take delivery tomorrow.

Meloni Davis, and by her representation of the company, Tesla, has wasted far too much of our time and the loan officer's time. It is the most disgusting display of unprofessionalism and customer service I have every experienced for a purchase of this size. Elon Musk has repeated stated that relies on word of mouth instead of spending money on advertising. I can promise that I will spread my experiences by word of mouth to everyone. This is far beyond acceptable.

I was looking forward to the Model 3. I am now livid and couldn't care less.

We were scheduled to take delivery of a Model 3 on September 15th, but our Delivery Advisor moved it up to September 8th. We schedule the closing on the car loan for Wednesday the 5th at 4pm. I called the Delivery Advisor Tuesday the 4th because we had not yet received the Purchase Agreement or Letter of Guarantee. She, Meloni Davis, guaranteed that we would have the Purchase Agreement and the Letter of Guarantee (Required of banking institutions in WI since we have to take delivery in IL).

I emailed her at 3:10pm on Wednesday stating we had yet to receive both documents and our loan closing appointment was approaching. I called her and left a voicemail at 3:58pm. We sat in the loan officer's office for an hour having called her several more times and sent her emails. I called a phone number for delivery I found online and he was able to speak to someone. He emailed me a document, but it was neither of the documents that the bank needed. We get disconnected (he hung up), and when I call back, he is on another call. The new person I spoke to sent emails to the manager of the Delivery Advisors, but I have not received a single phone call or email from them.

On Thursday, we get the Purchase Agreement emailed to us. We digitally sign it and download a copy. Still no Letter of Guarantee. Today, Friday, I emailed our Delivery Advisor again, and she continues to not take our calls or respond to our emails. I called Sales and speak with someone who tries to call Meloni, and she does not answer. She sends a message to her and then also sends a message to her supervisor and the manager of that department.

In the last hour, I have searched for executives to the company and tried calling them only to get messages from their phone extensions that they are not available and to leave a message. I did not leave a message because it is now evident that voicemails are left unanswered.

It is Friday 6:17pm. Banks are closed. Won't be able to close on the loan. Won't be able to take delivery tomorrow.

Meloni Davis, and by her representation of the company, Tesla, has wasted far too much of our time and the loan officer's time. It is the most disgusting display of unprofessionalism and customer service I have every experienced for a purchase of this size. Elon Musk has repeated stated that relies on word of mouth instead of spending money on advertising. I can promise that I will spread my experiences by word of mouth to everyone. This is far beyond acceptable.

I was looking forward to the Model 3. I am now livid and couldn't care less.

This is why I’m doing cash purchase with unsecured loan.

I think that this experience has shown that car dealers do have some benefits. This dealer-less system has a lot a flaws.

That said.. I have had some HORRIBLE car dealer purchases.. twice my wife and I have purchased cars and it took so long she got sick (from not eating) and had to leave and eat and come back.. I am talking.. 6+hrs at a dealership.

I have bought a lot of brand new cars in my life. More than anyone should in a life time and I am young.. but I cannot ever really say.. I have had a *good* experience with any purchase. I have bought over 20 cars and only 2 from the same dealer. I think that shows that car purchases are always such miserable, horrible affairs. It's like buying a house. It never goes right.

I think that this experience has shown that car dealers do have some benefits. This dealer-less system has a lot a flaws.

That said.. I have had some HORRIBLE car dealer purchases.. twice my wife and I have purchased cars and it took so long she got sick (from not eating) and had to leave and eat and come back.. I am talking.. 6+hrs at a dealership.

I have bought a lot of brand new cars in my life. More than anyone should in a life time and I am young.. but I cannot ever really say.. I have had a *good* experience with any purchase. I have bought over 20 cars and only 2 from the same dealer. I think that shows that car purchases are always such miserable, horrible affairs. It's like buying a house. It never goes right.

I'd also keep in mind that this is a new relatively new delivery system that has never been high volume stress tested. I'm going to bet that within the next 6 months to a year, everyone will have a great experience. We are having trouble right now because of the huge 5000/week ramp up and they found stress cracks everywhere. Thew new organization structure should resolve this. I'm already getting much better service than I was a week ago.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
Could Meloni Davis have died or been in some emergency?
My IDA excused his poor performance by telling me his apartment burned down.... I believed it until another TMC member told me they had received the same excuse from that IDA.

If an emergency occurs, the employee (or their manager) should be capable enough of setting an out-of-office email message and a temporary voicemail message.

Reactions: GreenT
My IDA excused his poor performance by telling me his apartment burned down.... I believed it until another TMC member told me they had received the same excuse from that IDA.

Wouldn't another TMC member receiving the same excuse from the same IDA validate it? I mean, if the IDA's apartment really did burn down, it would impact every person that IDA serviced. (Just playing devil's advocate!!!)

Then again, I wouldn't imagine they would be out of work for very long. As a former gamer, "My house is on fire" was the de-facto excuse when you didn't want to waste time even making one up. ;)

I absolutely appreciate having a dealer to work with.

Having to basically DIY with all the financing details, etc. and having to deal with narrow delivery windows and limited hours for taking delivery is quite stressful, especially when your delivery associate doesn’t respond to your emails and you can’t get anyone on the phone.

I don’t have the sort of job where I can just take off on short notice to pick up the car. I would definitely appreciate having a place that could schedule delivery a bit later than 4:30 pm during the week. And, since I am traveling the weekend of my delivery window, this means that I will most likely have to forfeit my car yet again (first delivery was canceled three weeks ago due to an airbag problem). I responded to my email within 30 minutes explaining my situation and that I basically have a 3-hour window between when I leave work and have to head to the airport to take delivery, and they schedule my delivery for another time when I will still be at work with no hope of getting there within an hour of the appointment time.

Also, since Tesla stopped accepting ACH transfers from my lender (USAA) last month, I now have to contact them with a VIN ahead of time so that they can send out a cashier’s check for me to take to delivery. I am not too optimistic about this happening since no one returns my emails. Moreover, since I could not get an answer from anyone about completing the paperwork necessary for substitution of collateral from the car I was supposed to pick up last month to the next car, I had to cancel the loan and start all over again.

It is a cluster and I very much doubt that I will buy anything from them again unless things change, especially since I will have more choices by the time I am in the market for another car.

Last edited by a moderator: