Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worst moment since owning my S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just a wild idea but thinking about this maybe we need an ETR..an Emergency Tesla Rescue. For example, I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska and there are NO superchargers here. And not many sufficient EV chargers. What if we had a twitter account that would allow you to put your situation up and see who can rescue you. Heck, if the weather got bad I could even put up a Tesla family if it got really rough. I have a 14-50 too. No backup power yet but maybe coming.

I wonder how long you could stay warm at that temperature with 80 miles or so left if you were conservative?

This is just a wild idea but thinking about this maybe we need an ETR..an Emergency Tesla Rescue. For example, I'm in Lincoln, Nebraska and there are NO superchargers here. And not many sufficient EV chargers. What if we had a twitter account that would allow you to put your situation up and see who can rescue you. Heck, if the weather got bad I could even put up a Tesla family if it got really rough. I have a 14-50 too. No backup power yet but maybe coming.

I wonder how long you could stay warm at that temperature with 80 miles or so left if you were conservative?

The conditions were so bad and it was so cold that I could go maybe 60 miles if at all.

As for the emergency network, Plugshare does a great job! I don't know of any other resource that has a more complete database of chargers. AAA has a few rescue vehicles with a large battery that can help an EV. But there are rare. Tesla is the only one getting real time info from all Superchargers. If one fails for whatever reasons, they could send a generator truck out there immediately.