Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worst PPF Ever

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I decided to post my story here mostly because I wanted a place to vent. I recently had PPF installed on a brand new M3P and here are just a few picture to show you what I am dealing with. I know that I should have asked for a refund right away, but the installer said he would deal with any issues that came up and I was in a bit of a rush. Since this was done by a Ceramic Pro dealer, I contacted them, but it seems that they are asking me to work with this installer. I have ZERO confidence that this job can be completed correctly, especially because the installer insisted "this is how we are trained to do it".

Has anyone successfully pushed their installer to give them a refund? I know that small claims is always an option, but I would rather not spend time going through that entire process.

You get what you pay for!

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: kessel_run and KenC
A few updated. Did contact Ceramic Pro, they got in contact with the installer. He ended up admitting to Ceramic Pro that he did not use Kavaca Matte on my vehicle but used a DIFFERENT BRAND without my knowledge. The invoice clearly states that he is using Kavaca Matte and is a certified installer.

I sent Ceramic pro and they said they are going to try to work with him. The installer then offered me a "brand new roll" of PPF instead of a refund. I am still waiting to hear back from Ceramic Pro but they are telling me the only thing they can do is to put pressure on the installer and ultimately remove him from their network.

Unfortunately, I used Venmo and did not check that he had setup a personal account not a business account. I feel totally scammed and I hear that there isn't much recourse other than to blast the shop on social media. NEVER use Los Wrapidos in Los Angeles.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Not sure why you think small claims is a huge hassle. Small filing fee that can also be recovered. Easy to serve papers because they have a shop. And chance of winning is as close to 100% as can be imagined.
Filing in small claims is not a big deal, and I am not worried about winning a judgement. However, actually enforcing payment is a whole other thing. It can be really difficult to actually get your money back from someone who is self-employed.