TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Worst Spots for AP1 - SoCal Freeways

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by RedDragon, Jul 6, 2017.

1. RedDragon

RedDragon Member

I really dig AP1 in my Tesla. I find myself using it whenever I can, but on my frequent trips in SoCal down the 405 between Redondo Beach and Huntington Beach, I have a few spots where I have to take over from AP1. Most times when I have to take over, I am in the carpool lane. There are some spots where the lane line is painted RIGHT along the barrier. The lane seems pretty narrow, and I've had the car come very close to the edge. Also, there are some spots in Carson (both north and south) where the paint lines are in such crap condition, that AP1 loses the lane. If I'm following someone else, it's usually ok. If not, I've had the car drift a little and get too close to other cars (and I have to take over).

What are your worst spots in SoCal?

2. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

405 North Carpool Lane as you are about to pass under the 101 fwy in the Valley.
    If you're going faster than 72, the car gets scary close to the barrier.