Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worst Super Charger in USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The worst supercharger?

It’s the one that hasn’t been built yet!

US 95 from Winnemucca, NV to Coeur d’Alene, ID has only one SC in Boise. 635 miles!

Winnemucca to Boise is doable with a CHAdeMO adapter but Boise to CDA is impossible without a long level 2 charge in the middle.

US 95 needs some love!
yes!!!!!! I just wish Tesla would start giving some love to non interstate highways now in the PNW. the 95 is traveled often, plz Tesla build more chargers there.

After my recent road trip, I have to say Chattanooga.

Pulled up with 9 miles remaining, on Christmas day in the middle of the night. There was not a single person around and the gate was down to the parking area and not opening or giving tickets. There was ZERO chance I was making any other charger, so I lifted the gate myself manually while my wife drover under it.

This must have triggered something as a security person pulled up and started screaming at me that the airport was closed and locked down and I had to leave immediately.

Obviously I refused, as I had no battery, How exactly am I going to leave?

He called the police and when they showed I explained the situation and they told the guard to let me charge to the amount I needed to the next charger (thank goodness)...

After getting enough charge to move on, I had to pay a damn parking charge to leave?!?! (to the guard no less, did he just keep it?)

This was very bad and Tesla needs to move this charging station out from behind a gate that gets locked up and the cops called on owners for using it.
To be fair we have charged there several times. We have never had to pay and not sure how they decided not to charge me the 6+ Times I have been there. Granted I have never been there in the middle of the night and I will say it is not my favorite stop. But I assume most of your issue was a rare situation when the Airport was closed.