Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worst Supercharger Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla needs to negotiate with property owners to place superchargers and they agree to different concessions based on the property. In this case it is at a hotel which wants to maintain some of it's parking for overnight guests when presumably supercharger use will be at it's lowest. This is not uncommon for superchargers at hotels, I've seen two other locations where this is the case.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
These reserved spots are awful, as parking is open to anyone 24/7, but ICE vehicles are limited to two hours during the posted time. EV's can park longer.

I can only assume that the mall does not yet have much EV demand as the spaces are open to EV and non-EV's.

I was in Lompoc to watch the SpaceX launch. (Got skunked, it was fogged in, but it sounded awesome.)
I was under 20%, and would not make it to Madonna... But at least the SuperCharger spots were open.

It was more the "feel free to block these spots at any time, and overnight if you wish" message on the sign.
Again, thankfully, the overnight guest were good enough not to park in them.

Wow. So I read it as 2 hour parking for anyone between the hours of 12pm-8pm, though anyone can feasibly park there from 6pm-12pm the following day. EVs have no restrictions.

Perhaps there's a good reason for this weird varying restriction, but it sure sounds odd. Seems to me that SuC spots should be dedicated for Teslas or if another vehicle parks there their keys should be left at the valet so the car could be moved if a Tesla needs charging. My SuC spots I see have a 40-50min time limit consideration which should give the average person at least 150 range miles within that timeframe.

We will be a disrespected minority for quite sometime. Then it will flip to anti ICE, which could even nastier. Let's bite our lips through the first part, and strive to to minimize the latter (despite the need to transition quickly)!