TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Worst than vampire drain!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Bigjohn892, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Bigjohn892

Bigjohn892 Member

My major drain problem is not vampire drain, it's demo drain from showing friends and others the acceleration in my new model 3. I guess I can live with it though, it's just so darn much fun!!

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 2
  2. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

I've had a my car a little over a month and I still charge a little more than I should to account for the added " show launch" to my friends and family. Zero complaints so far!!

3. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

Right? It's too fun to not just drive and floor it when possible.

• Like x 1
  4. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I'm driving a Model S loaner right now and since I get free supercharging with it I've been driving it as aggressive as possible and it's so much fun. When I drive my Model 3 I try to see how efficient I can drive.

• Like x 1
  5. Commish

Commish Member

I have a steadfast rule that I have to be the first off the line at every light, and at least 50 yards ahead of everyone else within 5 seconds. This is just to test battery efficiency of course.....

• Like x 3
  6. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

@chronopc Tesla had my vehicle for about 3 weeks to fix a trunk gap after delivery. I was give an S 85 and you better believe I took advantage of the free supercharging. I was smashing it every opportunity I could!!

7. sreams

sreams Member

Hopefully not into a pole.

• Funny x 1
  8. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

They are fixing a paint smudge on my car. I don't care how long they take. :D

9. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

The first week of driving the car I drove it pretty much like a grandma. It definitely felt like a boat compared to the 3, but once I got familiar with it, it was GOOOOOO time! Thankfully no poles were used as brakes

Hopefully they do a good job with the paint the second time around!

10. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

It's a small smudge on the driver door so it should be an easy fix. It's not really their 2nd attempt since they sent it to a body shop.