Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worth a watch (if true it's a shocker)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mostly hogwash. It's probable that the oil companies have tried to suppress electric vehicles, but the rest really is typical American conspiracy theory stuff.

Investors short Tesla because it's valued almost as much as Ford, but is miniscule in comparison on almost every other measure - including revenues, production capacity, earnings, cash in bank, assets etc, etc. Tesla bleed cash day on day and are on an almost permanent lifeline of regular new cash injection to keep them afloat. All it will take is one of the big guys (VAG, MB, BMW, Ford, GM etc) to come up with competitive cars and Tesla's valuation will be severely hit. All the evidence is that they are ALL very close to launching competitive vehicles.

Don't get me wrong, I like Teslas and think they do have a march on the big boys, but it won't last. They'll get snapped up for their tech at some point and that'll be it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sirricardo
Well actually it's pretty spot on.

Is not about the cars it's about jobs and economy. A lot of countries are oil economies, including USA.

They do go overboard in the video of course.

But it only took a price drop in the barrel of oil to set off the 2007 recession. Due to over production....

The 2007 recession is probably what makes tesla even possible. These companies have a lot less cash now.

These guy are Tesla stock holders and Tesla car owners. From what I have seen of them while doing my pre-purchase research they usually mock anything that is against or just isn't Tesla and praise things that are pro Tesla.

Quite an interesting and actually entertaining watch, thanks for sharing. Even if some of this seems quite “Tesla fanboy” in nature, it should really be no surprise to anyone that the oil industry, ICE manufacturers and their lobbyists are conspiring in any way they can to slow down or nullify the growth in electric vehicles. Their industry will inevitably die at some point, they need to change but change is difficult so they will do whatever they can to buy time and keep the cash cow delivering for as long as possible. Irrespective of the impact of this on the environment, as all they are interested in is short term $, their own stock prices and hitting their own corporate targets. And, let’s face it, we know that Western governments have been in the pocket of the oil companies and oil producers for decades too so while they will make bold environmental policy statements for PR purposes, behind the scenes I am sure that political lobbyists for oil companies will be pulling strings and trying to slow things down. It’s just a sad reality and one that EV pioneers such as Tesla will need to continually fight if they are to become mainstream. I hope they have the stomach, and the $, to keep the fight going. Supporting more sustainable EV vs Oil for environmental reasons is probably the single most important reason why I am moving to a Tesla now. I wish I’d done it sooner but realistically the Model 3 is the catalyst for me given its price point and size.

Reactions: Roy W.
I used to watch and enjoy Now You Know, but too often now they come across as slightly crazed Tesla obsessives who seek to criticise everything non-Tesla. It’s a real shame because they still make some valid points but these are generally obscured by their excessive Tesla hysteria.