Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worth placing an order for medium to long range purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got my eyes on a MYLR7 / tow / white / white interior. Trouble is I don’t want it now, more like Fall time frame.

Do I place an order now to lock in current pricing? I’m one of those people that expect Tesla to jack up prices once the EV credit is reinstated.

With orders placed today, how long can I defer delivery before Tesla cancels me and keeps my $100 with nothing to show?

Thanks for the wisdom on how to proceed.
Brian

Tesla is tired of these games.

You must accept delivery within 3 days of being matched with a car, You can then delay 90 days, but then are dropped and your deposit forfeit.

To many trying to arbitrage price increases with bad faith deposits.
I'm not trying to intentionally play any games here, I feel Tesla is the one that is playing games with me. I have had a LR RWD Reservation for 2 years and not once did they contact me about the fate of the LR RWD or help me change to LR AWD with the same pricing for FSD as I had originally.

At this point after waiting over 2 years I am just trying to get the new headlights on the LR and then move to LR AWD as I have already missed out on the best pricing for the car.. That is the only reason why I am fine with delay the order as I have already waited so long, I might as well wait a few more months to see what happens..

Reactions: bxd20
So the fine print officially states you have 90 days after being matched? That is very helpful information, much thanks!

I guess I can keep waiting until the legislation seems more imminent, and then give Tesla $100. Seems like a worthwhile gamble. I believe in the company; so if they end up getting a $100 gift from me it won’t be the end of the world.

I’ve got my eyes on a MYLR7 / tow / white / white interior. Trouble is I don’t want it now, more like Fall time frame.

Do I place an order now to lock in current pricing? I’m one of those people that expect Tesla to jack up prices once the EV credit is reinstated.

With orders placed today, how long can I defer delivery before Tesla cancels me and keeps my $100 with nothing to show?

Thanks for the wisdom on how to proceed.
Brian
I am feeling the same way as you. If it helps any, I spoke to my SA, and they told that you can delay delivery up to 6 months.

I’ve had an order in since 2/14 (2 months now) but with no intention of taking delivery any sooner that Q3. If legislation passes and has a start date for ev credits of 1/1/2022 then I’ll have to get creative (but only if they are 100% confirmed in the text of the bill). If not I’ll probably just take delivery in Q3.

I’ve already been shielded from two price increases as my build is at the $48,990 base price. So I’m already up $1500.

Best bet is to place your order now to lock in pricing and don’t enter any of the registration details. Call your SA and have them place the order on hold until closer to when you expect to take delivery. Expect 2-3 weeks from then to actually plan for a delivery.