Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Worthless internet browser?

Do you use the internet browser on a regular basis?

• No

Votes: 128 78.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 36 22.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s very ironic, but at least the main goal is being achieved. I still feel like I’m driving a car from the future, even though the browser sucks. More irony?
I am embarrassed to even show anybody my display. I was told LTE Speed and i can do my work while stuck in traffic. What a joke (joke is on us). How do you feel like you're in a car from the future, 17 inch monitor in your car performs like it should have a green screen. It sure doesn't work like the salesman told me it would. What good is LTE speed if you can't process it.

It’s very ironic, but at least the main goal is being achieved. I still feel like I’m driving a car from the future, even though the browser sucks. More irony?

Oh absolutely. Regardless of the browser, we are still driving a vehicle that feels decades ahead of any gasoline car. Just wished the UI/Browser was as responsive as a $500 iPhone.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I wish the browser was as responsive or updated as well as a 4 year old $20 garage sale computer. I mean, modern iphone usefulness would be nice too, but the 2012 browser is literally incapable of being used on most sites and even running a patch to close published security holes from 2013 would make a huge difference.

At a very minimum, I'd expect the Tesla browser to be able to run the Tesla website properly.

Reactions: Traveler1600
Oh absolutely. Regardless of the browser, we are still driving a vehicle that feels decades ahead of any gasoline car. Just wished the UI/Browser was as responsive as a $500 iPhone.
I do agree. There is room for improvement, but i still love my S. I had to leave it while traveling to Europe. Its an eye opener, being back in an ICE vehicle. I complain but, I'm itching to be home with my Tesla . Oh yea, my family too!

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric
What’s unfortunate is that the browser could have been a workable stopgap to some of the media player deficiencies. An updated browser with access to the audio system could enable Spotify/Pandora/Google Music/Amazon music through a web player. Apple would be a no go but at least some more options would be available.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I am embarrassed to even show anybody my display. I was told LTE Speed and i can do my work while stuck in traffic. What a joke (joke is on us). How do you feel like you're in a car from the future, 17 inch monitor in your car performs like it should have a green screen. It sure doesn't work like the salesman told me it would. What good is LTE speed if you can't process it.
I made a similar mistake when I first received my car, but that's what I get for trying to show off before realizing the true capability of the browser (or lack thereof). I don't even bother with the browser anymore, it's pathetically slow.

I just use it for this... pretty much up all the time.
Back to the Future: Interactive Console - Fun Tesla Screen
... and don't leave home without this if you're going BttF
(display this on the full screen): Flux Capacitor - Fun Tesla Screen

but yeah... the web browser is pretty much useless for most other things, even though Elon has promised several times to update it. I have used Waze on the 17" screen on occasion and it works ok, but most other sites I'd want to use are pathetically slow loading....