TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Worthy replacement for that screen cleaning cloth that came with the car?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by patn, Jan 3, 2015.

1. patn

patn Member

Ok, this is just stupid but - I love the little grey cleaning cloth that came with my car (mid-2013). I'm guessing it is microfiber but it feels almost like silk and really is better than any screen or glasses cleaning cloth that I've come across before.

Does anyone know exactly what material that is or have a source for more of them?

Anyone know if Tesla still ships the same cloth or if it has it changed over time?

2. hyperpretension

I use a Declan brand microfiber cloth. They have many patterns and can double as pocket squares as well.
    http://getdeclan.com

3. gocken2

gocken2 Model S: P6931

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I got one of these from Abstract Ocean.. along with one of the matte screen protectors. Both work great:

Leather Model S Screen Cleaning Pad - Abstract Ocean

The matte screen protector really minimizes fingerprints, and once it's on, it has a real nice "feel" and you can't really tell it's on there.

Highly recommended.

5. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

+1 for the Abstract Ocean protector as well as cleaning cloth. I'm very happy with both of them.