TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Would $80,000 get me a used Model S anytime soon?!

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by joninmelbourne, Jun 29, 2016.

1. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

Hi there,
    Just joined. I live in Eltham North in Melbourne and I am very keen to get a Model S. I have seen the base 60kw rear wheel drive model is around $115,000 new, but I am hoping to spend about $80K cash on a used one in any spec. Is this realistic? Currently on Carsales the cheapest ones are ironically the new ones being advertised by Tesla themselves. I thought about waiting for the Model 3 but by 2018 /2019 I think the a 4-5 year old used Model S will be cheaper than a new Model 3. Any thoughts? Or just worth buying new to get the full warranties?

Once I purchase one I would be interested in runs in the Melbourne area!
    Cheers
    Jon

2. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

It may be a while and if one becomes available at that price you would face some stiff competition. The re-sale value appears to be holding up extra-ordinarily well at this stage and into the foreseeable future due to the lack of supply and heavy demand. In fact, the resale price has been rising due to the falling of our currency.

3. mike_j

mike_j Member

$80,000 isn't far off the number I'd take for my 'old' 60 - and I'm not a keen seller - so if that's your mark, you'll find something in the next 6 months.

4. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Out of interest, what options do you have on your S60 Mike_J?

-ECIT