Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would a chromo delete look odd with a red model 3?

Would a chromo delete look odd with a red model 3?

• Red looks fine with chrome delete and powder coated wheels

Votes: 54 79.4%
  • Do not get chrome delete and powder coated wheels with red

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Get white with chrome delete and powder coated wheels

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Screw it...go all black!!

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Am seriously thinking about getting a Red Model 3 and get a chromo delete along with powder coated wheels. Wanted to get your opinions on this set up.

Do you think i would look odd? I know white would look better with a chromo delete (storm trooper look) but not sure how good a red one would look.

I included some examples attached. I am really liking the black as well but everyone keeps saying a black car is a nightmare to keep clean which makes me hesitant.

Attachments

• multi-coat-red-tesla-model-3-19-inch-tst-turbine-style-wheels-gloss-black-wm-1.jpg
    multi-coat-red-tesla-model-3-19-inch-tst-turbine-style-wheels-gloss-black-wm-1.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 1,676
  • fullsizeoutput_3.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 349
Black on red looks incredible in both direct sun and cloudy days. Here's how mine turned out.

A0A42DD4-31D6-4876-802C-C976BAC03A55.jpeg
5249F142-39B7-491D-8D9A-136C8D49CDA4.jpeg
E2DD7388-F76F-40CF-8CEE-CF27E6D57814.jpeg
13FCD499-82EB-4570-B797-E4FF2FAD0E01.jpeg
B008BC97-C1C8-434A-94E6-CA724379A17C.jpeg
B4275D4D-29A6-4127-847A-1ECF4EDC3D2B.jpeg

Specifics:
- Model 3 with 18" Aero
-3M Crystalline CR90 windshield (just heat rejection basically)
-3M Crystalline CR70 sides, rear (one piece), pano roof
- chrome delete in 3M Satin Black
- full paint correction
- OptiCoat Pro+ ceramic coat, FlyBy Forte glass coat
- wheel powder coat Gloss Black
- XPEL protection on headlights and foglights

Black on red looks incredible in both direct sun and cloudy days. Here's how mine turned out.

View attachment 304994 View attachment 304997 View attachment 304998 View attachment 304995 View attachment 304999 View attachment 304993

Specifics:
- Model 3 with 18" Aero
- full paint correction

That looks amazing!!! Are the wheels gloss black or is it considered matte? It looks gloss.

Last edited:

View attachment 304994 View attachment 304997 View attachment 304998 View attachment 304995 View attachment 304999 View attachment 304993

Specifics:
- Model 3 with 18" Aero
- full paint correction

Do you have any pictures of your car at night/cloudy overcast weather?

Specifics:
- Model 3 with 18" Aero
- full paint correction

Sam123, since you're in the bay area, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get this done? And what ballpark price would I be looking at for (I am waiting for MSM + 18", as I was pushed to July):

1. Same as you, tint sides, rear, roof, but I don't think I'd need to do anything about the windshield (I'd be concerned about messing up the forward cameras)
2. Chrome Delete
3. Ceramic Coat (I'm assuming this also requires paint correction)

I was also trying to price out the paint protection film for the bumper/hood/side mirrors. I figured I would give OCDetailing a call sooner or later as they seem very popular or maybe that's just the YouTube effect.

Thanks.

Sam123, since you're in the bay area, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get this done? And what ballpark price would I be looking at for (I am waiting for MSM + 18", as I was pushed to July):

1. Same as you, tint sides, rear, roof, but I don't think I'd need to do anything about the windshield (I'd be concerned about messing up the forward cameras)
2. Chrome Delete
3. Ceramic Coat (I'm assuming this also requires paint correction)

I was also trying to price out the paint protection film for the bumper/hood/side mirrors. I figured I would give OCDetailing a call sooner or later as they seem very popular or maybe that's just the YouTube effect.

After reading what I could find and talking on the phone with several places, I got quotes from SS Customs and OCDetailing. Both were ludicrously expensive, but I wanted to go with a place with great reviews and lot of experience with Model 3s. Went with OCDetailing because they had a spot open up that was perfect timing for my work travel, they could do the rear glass tint in a single seamless piece, plus Joe's videos are infectious. Let's just say that the total I paid for everything was definitely more than my previous car is currently worth.

But, I'm very satisfied. So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Re windshield tint and cameras: not an issue, the camera housing is directly on the windshield so the tint film just goes around that, never in front of it. I was initially not going to do it because windshield tint is illegal in California, and didn't want an excuse to be pulled over. However, I found the midday sun heat load through the large raked windshield to be a lot, and OCDetailing was able to get me the 3M Crystalline CR90 which only blocks 2% of visible light while still blocking 90% of infrared. You absolutely cannot tell it's tinted, so not a ticket magnet, and the comfort difference is very noticeable.

Reactions: BlueOrNotFor3

Specifics:
- Model 3 with 18" Aero
- full paint correction
I know this post is old but I just have to tell you after seeing your car I have decided that I will be doing this to
My 2019 Model 3