Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would be cool if you could earn FSD upgrade through referral program.

Would you want more options for the referral program rewards?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WattTheHeck

Riding the Current of Innovation
Aug 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone else think this would be a cool option? Instead of free supercharging mile you could choose to put a referral towards reducing the cost of FSD until you get it for free or just at a lower price. Just a thought. Would be cool if the referral program was more game-like where you could choose different options to put earned points towards something of your choice for your Tesla car or solar panels etc.

Yes!
I have 120,435 kilometers of free Supercharging left. I’ll never be able to use them all. Would gladly trade 100k km for free FSD.

With the old referral program I could of had a free roadster. ;)
I think for many of us, you and me included, free supercharging is actually quite useless and costs Tesla very little to throw out. I drive >100miles a day and have used supercharging less times than I can count on one hand and have loads of free charging as you do.

Reactions: WattTheHeck
How on earth did you get that much Free supercharging credit?
I have 0, pay as I go.
Guessing all your family/friends purchased new M3 with your referral?

I have a (Dutch) blog about Tesla. My referral code is on every page.
It gets about a thousand visitors a day. That works. ;)

Strictly speaking it would be cheaper to pay for Supercharging and use my time to earn money, but it’s fun to do.

Reactions: boshk
FSD as a referral reward would be a win-win. It's much cheaper for Tesla to give compared to something like a set of wheels. Other upsides for Tesla would be gathering more data to improve their system and giving FSD to people that are preaching their cars would help a referer to make an even better sales pitch since the referer would now be able to demo yet another feature. Therefore this would help sell cars on two ends: potential purchasers get to see the most impressive Tesla feature, referers are much more motivated to help pitch the brand.

I know someone had tweeted Elon about this some time ago and he responded he would consider it.

Reactions: Drax and Elja Trum