Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would it be too late for incentive if order now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CEV for BC program has about $4.7 million left for incentive funds, and it seems like about $50,000 are spent every day.

If it keeps at this pace the funds would be exhausted in about 3 months.

Since ordering a Model 3 takes 2-4 months for delivery according to Tesla, I assume it might be too late for having $5,000 benefit?

940 vehicles in total left (All hybrid / ev from all brands).

Will Tesla send that many to BC in the next wave after they're done with US tax credits? How many were delivered to BC so far?

Is that 4.7million live stats or are there backlog of applications about to drain it? I would do the research / call and see if you'll get in.

We got the incentive on our first Model S (Signature), before the price limit was put in place, and then missed it due to funds being exhausted on my wife's car.

The program was funded again subsequently. I think we are actually on the third round of funding now.

I would talk to your MLA and push for re-uping the program. We still need a LOT more EVs in BC to make a dent in carbon emissions!

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
Well, think of it this way. What's your current gas bill looking like? Would an EV save you money over X kms driven?

I drive 600+ km a week in the GTA through heavy rush hour stop and go traffic. Our gas prices are 138.9 in the East end and 129.9 in the West. I save $200 a month easy with a road trip here and there.

The choice to go electric was simple for me to make. This car will pay off way down the road assuming it won't rust away like every other car with the heavy salt usage during the winter.

Current Tesla order fulfillment strategy in the States is to build cars in batches and then match the batch config with orders currently in the queue. Most likely geographic location and reservation dates are given preferential treatment within that batch of cars. It is unclear what their Canadian order fulfillment strategy and given the lack of communication from already assigned delivery advisors, I don't think Tesla has one solidified yet.

Just got an email from CEV representative and he said:

" We are currently in talks with the BC Ministry of Energy to secure more funding for the CEVforBC incentive program.

We here at the New Car Dealers Association of BC are quite hopeful that the CEVforBC program will be allowed to continue."

So hopefully they do launch another program after this!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Koflach