Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would it be worth it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have quite a bit of Auto body experience. I have friends in the auto business both auto body and sales.
Acquiring a wreck from insurance auction would not be a problem. Question , are body parts available, are suspension and other parts available? I guess I am asking , would it be feasible to buy a wreck and fix it?
Insurance Auto Auctions: Vehicle Details: Vehicles

I have seen quite a few at auctions. Can get them quite cheap. Also noticed none of the front end crash have air bag deployment. .????

The main problem is that there are no shop manuals available to allow you to work through the problems you encounter. A second problem is that Tesla may not sell you some of the parts you need. (If you purchased a Tesla you could probably then buy them, but you would have to repair quite a few to cover the initial cost.) A third problem is that the Model S is rapidly changing so purchasing two wrecks to make one car--the typical ICE approach--may not work due to incompatible hardware.

This isn't to say it couldn't be done, but don't expect a four to six week turnaround like you would using two ICE cars.