Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would like M3 standard Rims as option on MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kind of like the 20" Induction wheels, but would prefer 19" for better ride, and would think the standard rims would give better mileage. I plan on getting the gray paint. The silver rims just don't work to my eye. So, I made this image of MY with M3 standard rims (stretched to 19s). To have all in one spot, compare to Standard Silver, with the M3 standard rims, and the 20" Inductions.

MY Standard 19s.jpg
MY with M3 Standard.jpg
MY with 20s.jpg

I've seen people on YouTube that linked to some custom wheel caps...maybe I should see if anyone has made such a thing, so can just get a new cap for the 19s? Are the standard wheels just caps, like they do on the M3?

Does anyone else think that'd be a nice option, or am I just crazy?

Reactions: cusetownusa
From everything I have read here the 18" aero wheels from the 2021 Model 3 are load rated the same as the 20" induction wheels for the Y and have the same TPMS as the Y and fit the Y LR and SR+ and may or may not fit the P. The pre 2021 have the wrong TPMS and are weaker than the newer aero wheels.

Keith

From everything I have read here the 18" aero wheels from the 2021 Model 3 are load rated the same as the 20" induction wheels for the Y and have the same TPMS as the Y and fit the Y LR and SR+ and may or may not fit the P. The pre 2021 have the wrong TPMS and are weaker than the newer aero wheels.

Keith
Any way we can get this definitively confirmed? I wouldn't mind running 18s (with correct tire size) as my standard wheel on the Y.

What do you think about the revolution issue? The 18s will definitely mean more cycle than the 19. What side effect would that have for someone running 18s 'permanently'.

Any way we can get this definitively confirmed? I wouldn't mind running 18s (with correct tire size) as my standard wheel on the Y.

What do you think about the revolution issue? The 18s will definitely mean more cycle than the 19. What side effect would that have for someone running 18s 'permanently'.

I was able to confirm via pictures from someone selling their 2021 18" Aero wheels that they have the same load rating as the 20" model Y induction wheels.

I don't know what a "revolution issue" is, or "cycle".

Keith