Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would like M3 standard Rims as option on MY

NathonRose

Apr 2, 2021
Hawthorne, CA
I kind of like the 20" Induction wheels, but would prefer 19" for better ride, and would think the standard rims would give better mileage. I plan on getting the gray paint. The silver rims just don't work to my eye. So, I made this image of MY with M3 standard rims (stretched to 19s). To have all in one spot, compare to Standard Silver, with the M3 standard rims, and the 20" Inductions.

MY Standard 19s.jpg
MY with M3 Standard.jpg
MY with 20s.jpg

I've seen people on YouTube that linked to some custom wheel caps...maybe I should see if anyone has made such a thing, so can just get a new cap for the 19s? Are the standard wheels just caps, like they do on the M3?

Does anyone else think that'd be a nice option, or am I just crazy?

Reactions: cusetownusa

Fourdoor

May 31, 2016
North East Arkansas
From everything I have read here the 18" aero wheels from the 2021 Model 3 are load rated the same as the 20" induction wheels for the Y and have the same TPMS as the Y and fit the Y LR and SR+ and may or may not fit the P. The pre 2021 have the wrong TPMS and are weaker than the newer aero wheels.

Keith

Fourdoor

May 31, 2016
North East Arkansas
I think the 19in would also help with the range too.

They are very light weight, aerodynamic (obviously) and for correct speedo reading the best tire choice is 235/55/18 and the narrower tires is also good for range. I have to say it should be a range enhancer :) Might not be the best choice for an autocross / track day event though :D

Keith

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC