Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would like to hear from other Powerwall users as to how they programmed their inverter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I would like to hear from other Powerwall users with solar regarding how they programmed their SolarEdge inverter to draw energy from the Powerwall.

For about the first month of operating my Powerwall I set it to "Max Self Consumption". That can be done through the inverter screen interface I have now reprogrammed it through the SolarEdge web portal to draw energy from the Powerwall through a Storage Profile I set up based on my utility TOU plan (PG&E, Northern California). Note that you can only set up a Storage Profile if you have SolarEdge Installer level access to your inverter. It is not the standard homeowner level of access. I had to persuade SolarEdge to allow me that level of access and then I had to request that my solar installer set it up through their Installer account. I wanted it so that I could configure my system to use the Powerwall based on my TOU schedule.

I don't know if there are any other Powerwall owners on TMC but if there are I would appreciate hearing from you.