Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would like to upgrade to a P100D but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for reasons to upgrade from my P90DL but need to justify the hefty price of a sale\trade.

Currently, AP1 to AP2 is not enough for me to justify at least $60,000 plus my car, even considering the lighted vanity and faster MCU. HUD and soft close doors would start making it interesting.

What may also do it is the increase in power. I rarely charge to 100% but did yesterday as my hotel lunch lasted far longer than I had planned. There is a noticeable difference with the "gas" pedal and acceleration at charge levels over 90%.

My question is for those that have the P100D, how low can charge levels be and still provide the same feel of power that I experience in the 90 to 100% range with my P90DL V3?

I am looking for reasons to upgrade from my P90DL but need to justify the hefty price of a sale\trade.

Currently, AP1 to AP2 is not enough for me to justify at least $60,000 plus my car, even considering the lighted vanity and faster MCU. HUD and soft close doors would start making it interesting.

What may also do it is the increase in power. I rarely charge to 100% but did yesterday as my hotel lunch lasted far longer than I had planned. There is a noticeable difference with the "gas" pedal and acceleration at charge levels over 90%.

My question is for those that have the P100D, how low can charge levels be and still provide the same feel of power that I experience in the 90 to 100% range with my P90DL V3?

From someone who had both: Anyone who went from a P90DL to a P100DL

• Informative
Reactions: f3honda4me
Besides the power it has much better range and supercharges faster according to @Tech_Guy. Seems like a no brainer to me. Plus you get AP2 which presumably will get better with time.

Also there is FSD that will do full self driving ludicrous launches while you watch from the curb! You don’t even have to be in the car! That’s bragging rights! :confused: (Coming soon)