Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would some kind sole send me a photo please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Yesterday I was unable to disconnect my charge cable from my Model 3. Not from App, not from Screen, nothing. Pushed it in before pulling out.. Nothing.

I had to use the emergency release cable, the only way to effect removal.

However the cable has now come away and I have no idea where it attaches to.

So please, if you could send me a photo of the release cable attached to the inside on the power connector, it would be mega helpful and I would be most grateful.

Best wishes

Ed

At the bottom of the page. Not sure if this is what you mean

Yes, that is the piece I mean.

I now have the cable in my hand, it is no longer attached to the vehicle.

If someone is able/willing to send me a photo of how it attaches to the vehicle to assist me in reattaching it, I would be most grateful.

I am trying to paste a picture said cable, but I am failing.

Thanks

E

Thanks Mr Badger.

Here is the Emergency Release cable. Anyone able to give me a picture of it in place, to assist its re-installation.

Thanks

Emergency Release Cable.JPG

Reactions: MrBadger
Mine was loose and just hanging and when you look at it its hard to fathom out just how it attaches - for ages i thought something had broken off and was missing. The plastic securing bracket attaches in a weird way - peel back the side insulation and you will see a metal support - it looks obvious the cable attaches to it - it has a sort of protruding round bit facing downwards with a hole in the middle(looks like it would take a panel retaining plug). If you look at the plastic bracket - between the two parallel pieces you will see a little protruding plastic pin - you push the bracket up onto the metal part to engage the plastic pin into the hole in the middle of the metal round protruding bit - it sort of slides over it and the pin secures it.
If you look at your car you will hopefully understand what I'm saying. Not got my car with me at the moment to take a pic.
I've not had to fix the cable to the release lever on the charge point so cant help you with that bit.

However, (if still in warranty) you could always get a ranger visit and it would be a 5 minute job including the obligatory cup of tea

• Informative
Reactions: Beady3647